• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ALLION 2007

nuwanjjs

Question

I have allion 2007 done about 110km. I recently bought this vehicle and i m experiencing pick up issue in this car. Recently one of my friend told me my car has a pickup problem? I also experienced this because when i accelerate the vehicle even though rpm goes up to 3 vehicle doesn't will speed up after few seconds. Full service which needs to be done at 120,000km. What is the problem with this car and what should i do? 

Edited by nuwanjjs

20 answers to this question

If you're unaware about the history of the car, a good point to start is a proper ATF change that involves draining the old fluid, removing the transmission oil pan and cleaning it, inspecting the valve body and replacing with new fluid.

A good practice after buying a used car without a service history is to perform a full service without waiting for the next cycle. 

• Like 1

Go through the threads on your car,   Davy give you a good point to start with.

It looks like your car is going to give you major transmission  gripes.

At this rate the trans will be resting in pieces by 120km.,

TT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davy said:

If you're unaware about the history of the car, a good point to start is a proper ATF change that involves draining the old fluid, removing the transmission oil pan and cleaning it, inspecting the valve body and replacing with new fluid.

A good practice after buying a used car without a service history is to perform a full service without waiting for the next cycle. 

All the services has been done from toyota lanka. Service that needs to be done from every 40,000km is also done. I believe that ATF will be changed at full service in ever 40,000km.I don't know how to check this. Is there any good place. Since this is my first car I do not have any idea about that.

Edited by nuwanjjs

10 hours ago, hrm said:

You are saying when you press gas RPM rise to 3K but car doesn't move or move slowly? Is this 240 or 260?

260. At the first gear when i accelerate rpm will go up but car is moving slowly. And there is little vibration. I did a scan yesterday but gear shifting seems ok. Will this problem solved from tune up and transmission fluid. One of my friend this scan and he told me once we do proper tune up and change transmission fluid this will be ok kiyala. 

On 7/30/2018 at 8:58 AM, nuwanjjs said:

All the services has been done from toyota lanka. Service that needs to be done from every 40,000km is also done. I believe that ATF will be changed at full service in ever 40,000km.I don't know how to check this. Is there any good place. Since this is my first car I do not have any idea about that.

Did you check TL records? 

Millage is correct?

4 hours ago, nuwanjjs said:

260. At the first gear when i accelerate rpm will go up but car is moving slowly. And there is little vibration. I did a scan yesterday but gear shifting seems ok. Will this problem solved from tune up and transmission fluid. One of my friend this scan and he told me once we do proper tune up and change transmission fluid this will be ok kiyala. 

Yes. Check the condition of CVT oil first. Since maintenance is done by TL they should have used correct CVT oil at proper intervals. Do you have proof(TL maintenance records) that CVT oil changes are indeed done?

3 hours ago, hrm said:

Yes. Check the condition of CVT oil first. Since maintenance is done by TL they should have used correct CVT oil at proper intervals. Do you have proof(TL maintenance records) that CVT oil changes are indeed done?

Yes I have complete records and they have changed cvt oil at every 40000km and engine tune up is also done according to the records.plugs are also fine. According to my friend i needs to check cvt oil and do a engine tune up. I guess i should start from that. Is it ok? He also said me that it will solve vibration issue also. I

On 7/30/2018 at 12:21 AM, nuwanjjs said:

I have allion 2007 done about 110km. I recently bought this vehicle and i m experiencing pick up issue in this car. Recently one of my friend told me my car has a pickup problem?

Is your friend experienced Allion car (with CVT box) other than your car? and/or Cars with CVT boxes?

On 7/30/2018 at 12:21 AM, nuwanjjs said:

I also experienced this because when i accelerate the vehicle even though rpm goes up to 3 vehicle doesn't will speed up after few seconds. Full service which needs to be done at 120,000km. 

On 7/30/2018 at 8:58 AM, nuwanjjs said:

Since this is my first car I do not have any idea about that.

Do you have any experience with Allion CVTbefore that? 

On 7/31/2018 at 11:48 AM, nuwanjjs said:

260. At the first gear when i accelerate rpm will go up but car is moving slowly. And there is little vibration. I did a scan yesterday but gear shifting seems ok. Will this problem solved from tune up and transmission fluid.

On 7/31/2018 at 11:48 AM, nuwanjjs said:

One of my friend this scan and he told me once we do proper tune up and change transmission fluid this will be ok kiyala. 

Is your friend a technical guy? 

14 hours ago, nuwanjjs said:

Yes I have complete records and they have changed cvt oil at every 40000km and engine tune up is also done according to the records.plugs are also fine. According to my friend i needs to check cvt oil and do a engine tune up. I guess i should start from that. Is it ok? He also said me that it will solve vibration issue also. I

Going through all above, I just feels, 

Another tune-up (I hate this word, but actually cleaning) or replacing CVT fluid will not give any improvement. 

I suggest, either,

1. Your car has no issue. 

2. If its having an issue, it may be bit complicated and its not related to maintenance. 

On 8/1/2018 at 3:12 PM, dhanuFB15 said:

Better to change Auto gear oil and do tune up as well. If problem exist there after need to check further. 

is your high rpm issue exist only change 1st gear changing only?

Yes. only on first gear. i scanned gear shifting by connecting scanner and it seems ok. but when car is stop and then i accelerate rpm goes up to 2 but car is moving slowly. once gear is shifted second, it seems ok. its only done 30000km since last gear oil change

Edited by nuwanjjs

8 hours ago, nuwanjjs said:

Yes. only on first gear. i scanned gear shifting by connecting scanner and it seems ok. but when car is stop and then i accelerate rpm goes up to 2 but car is moving slowly. once gear is shifted second, it seems ok. its only done 30000km since last gear oil change

How you identify 1st and 2nd gears of CVT box?

Can you post complete chassis code (eg: ZRT260-CEXEK or NZT260-CEXEK)

19 hours ago, nuwanjjs said:

Did you check your vehicle's brake system? perhaps the brakes don't seem to release all the way after you let go of the pedal.

On 8/5/2018 at 1:26 AM, nuwanjjs said:

If this is a CVT how do you FEEL gears? This thread is very confusing lol

My best guess is, it's the inherent sluggish pick up of any CVT gear box. If you were used to drive manuals or conventional autos  you will find a hard time adopting to these CVTs. The first time I drove a CVT I actually asked my friend if his car has an acceleration problem! :D

You should never step on CVTs like normal autos. You have to press the pedal lightly to start moving and when it get the initial acceleration you can press further for more speed. You can't do wheel spins in CVTs.

• Thanks 1