• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Grace engine issue

Navinath

Question

Hello Experts,

I have a problem in my Honda Grace since couple of days. When I remove the oil level indicator stick out of its compartment while engine is started, oil is sprayed up. I bought this vehicle about 1 month back but by that time this behavior was not there.

The most recent event that I can suspect as the cause for this is, I did an under carriage wash with high pressure (as car was trapped in a heavy mud about one week back).

Some local technicians say this can be caused by a blockage in a part pronounced something like 'Beater valve'.

Could someone express your thoughts on this behavior? My car's YOM 2016 & the current ODO is 31000.

Many Thanks,

Navinath

11 answers to this question

Well.. I'm sure about the 1st owner. But the company (a very big one in Kandy) who imported the vehicle has a record with mileage changes so I'm not that confident.

If the engine has reached its mileage, it should be somewhere over 2 lakhs of kilometers. But I doubt that level had been reached within nearly one year.

11 hours ago, Navinath said:

Thanks dear @Crosswind

May I know a good place where I can get this repaired?

Replacing the valve isn't a big deal. However, finding out whether the exact problem is in the valve, is.

I take my cars to agents always (except if the agent is Micro). Agents aren't perfect but at least they have gone thru some official training and have the right equipment. Try Stafford.

18 hours ago, Navinath said:

When I remove the oil level indicator stick out of its compartment while engine is started, oil is sprayed up. I bought this vehicle about 1 month back but by that time this behavior was not there.

Why you did this?

Did you noticed any other issue in the engine? (I mean the reason to sticking out oil level indicator and check while engine running)

Hi can anyone help me. the battery light came up on my dash and i went to the company and they told me its the battery so i bought a new battery yesterday evening and it came off. now this morning the light came up again and now my radio not working and the part where you plug in to do a testing on the car not working. so i can be done to fix this

On 3/27/2020 at 4:08 AM, nyron m thomas said:

Hi can anyone help me. the battery light came up on my dash and i went to the company and they told me its the battery so i bought a new battery yesterday evening and it came off. now this morning the light came up again and now my radio not working and the part where you plug in to do a testing on the car not working. so i can be done to fix this

the battery indicator is to indicate charging system probs,..