• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Used hybrid or non hybrid car market

osanda19

7 hours ago, vag2 said:

Meanwhile, Sri lankan  genius Makabass and First-hand hybrid owners have come up with new "gadgets" and tricks to show unrealistic remaining battery capacities when selling to 2nd hand buyer.

Honda civic FD3  "but"with Acqua battery. @gayanath can calculate statistically  which one  will explode faster ?39980157_970882826429990_1293212913363845120_n.jpg.cc5376b33d44eb715770bfb6dcd98766.jpg

Aqua Hybrid Battery manipulation circuit on  Bus bar, as a result all the remaining good cells damaged beyond repair. 2nd owner found out during disassembly?

39981526_10155946557204538_3757532824161222656_n.thumb.jpg.ec59354e0ba113d800c9ab8dbe7b7fd6.jpg

39958257_10155946556859538_6176726441292464128_n.jpg

So if you are Even thinking of buying a second hand hybrid, do not just believe only in the battery capacity scan report to make your decision. 

unbelievable talent used to fool the poor buyers who had to mortgage his arm and leg to the Leasing company. I would rather buy a 20 year old AE110 instead of a Aqua with tampered hi-voltage components. At least know what I am getting,although it has been gang-banged by 15 makabaas before it will not have some never known before STDs like this !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, iRage said:

The biggest issue with Hybrid and non-Hybrid cars  is not the technology. It is the two-faced dishonesty of us Sri Lankans.

Dress up jobs

Cut and Bud 

Document Manipulation

Odo-tampering

and now battery-fakery... i think there's a little rotten gene in Sri Lankans that make them think pulling off an act of dishonesty is better than doing an honest job.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, matroska said:

Dress up jobs

Cut and Bud 

Document Manipulation

Odo-tampering

and now battery-fakery... i think there's a little rotten gene in Sri Lankans that make them think pulling off an act of dishonesty is better than doing an honest job.  

Also some mechanics bring in new vehicles claiming they are taking it for test run but before returning the vehicle back they replace the new parts with old parts. Sadly even some really good mechanics have got themselves involved in dishonesty

On 8/22/2018 at 11:07 PM, iRage said:

Are you sure about that ? The AE100 was well rated for its safety during its time....even though I have one in Japan, i really don't want to be in it in a crash (keeping it only because we don't use it that much and I drive like a grand-ma and its a rare spec).

What makes a good car is not just about how many 100k you can do with minimal service.. So...do you really want to diss new cars just because you are too cheap to maintain the new tech in them whilst compromising on the pluses ? Yes...they might have more points of failure but it is not like they are made out of toilet paper, cheap plastic cups and sardine cans.

Do not go by the results of these crash tests under controlled laboratory conditions.  Real life situations are much different. Many examples even during last few months in SL, as far as I can remember 4 died in a GP5 in dambulla, lady died in a montero in highway, and many more.  But cheap Indian cars without any safety options could survive without any damages.  So more than 80% of these tragic accidents are due to reckless drivers, reckless pedestrians, poor visibility and road conditions.  Southern highway has been proven to be one of the deadliest during bad weather conditions.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Do not go by the results of these crash tests under controlled laboratory conditions.  Real life situations are much different. Many examples even during last few months in SL, as far as I can remember 4 died in a GP5 in dambulla, lady died in a montero in highway, and many more.  But cheap Indian cars without any safety options could survive without any damages.  So more than 80% of these tragic accidents are due to reckless drivers, reckless pedestrians, poor visibility and road conditions.  Southern highway has been proven to be one of the deadliest during bad weather conditions.   

Yes. 

But you missed the point. Which was that all things being equal (as in a lab test), a newer car does far better than in an old car. So if the accident was the same you have a much better chance of survival in a newer car with safety features than in an old car. So saying things like an AE100 is rock dolid and the best than a newer car just because of a simpler engine is short-sighted.

Your comparison between the Fit and Indian car is not fair. If the Indian car had been travelling at the same speed and had the same kind of impact it would have faired a lot worst. In fact the Indian car would have succumed to a similar fate as the Fit at a lesser impact. The reason for high frequency of fatalities with newer cars is because these morons think their cars are invincible and drive like daredevils at much higher speeds and more recklessly than in an older car. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 4:20 AM, matroska said:

Dress up jobs

Cut and Bud 

Document Manipulation

Odo-tampering

Very very true mate!

2 hours ago, iRage said:

@Davy...I think he meant to say putty, as in Cataloy/Filler....not the human excretion :D 

Yeah I got that. :DHid it because I felt that post didn't add any value to the (interesting) conversation.