• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Collecting licence from police (practical method)

varotone

Greetings gentlemen,

I was issued a spot fine for failing to obey traffic signs by crossing a double line. Pleads to avoid a fine were futile. This happened last night in Siyabalanduwa. Now I have to deal with the haste of recovering my driving license from the police within 14 days.

I'm no stranger to occasional spot fines in outstation areas. If the incident occurred when the post offices open, I immediately detour to the nearest post office, pay the fine and collect the license from the cop who will be at the same spot when I was fined. On a couple of occasions when I was fined at night, I go about my journey without fuss and pay the fines at the local post office within the next couple of days. Then I send the receipt issued by the post office through a courier to the outstation police station and they bring back the license the next day.

This was possible because I had an accomplice working for a courier. Now my accomplice is no longer working for the courier. They say they can go to the police, pickup the license, and deliver it only if it was put in an envelop and addressed to me. They are not willing to send a courier to the police station with the post office receipt and collect it on my behalf. Not even for some extra fee?. I called two other couriers and they also declined the job.

I can ask a friend from the area / traveling to the area / passing thorough the area to collect it. But that will take more than 14 days.

Is there any courier / service provider to get this type of a job done?

Please share with the community how you collect the driving licenses retained by the police when imposing a spot fine.

15 hours ago, varotone said:

Greetings gentlemen,

I was issued a spot fine for failing to obey traffic signs by crossing a double line. Pleads to avoid a fine were futile. This happened last night in Siyabalanduwa. Now I have to deal with the haste of recovering my driving license from the police within 14 days.

I'm no stranger to occasional spot fines in outstation areas. If the incident occurred when the post offices open, I immediately detour to the nearest post office, pay the fine and collect the license from the cop who will be at the same spot when I was fined. On a couple of occasions when I was fined at night, I go about my journey without fuss and pay the fines at the local post office within the next couple of days. Then I send the receipt issued by the post office through a courier to the outstation police station and they bring back the license the next day.

This was possible because I had an accomplice working for a courier. Now my accomplice is no longer working for the courier. They say they can go to the police, pickup the license, and deliver it only if it was put in an envelop and addressed to me. They are not willing to send a courier to the police station with the post office receipt and collect it on my behalf. Not even for some extra fee?. I called two other couriers and they also declined the job.

I can ask a friend from the area / traveling to the area / passing thorough the area to collect it. But that will take more than 14 days.

Is there any courier / service provider to get this type of a job done? 

Please share with the community how you collect the driving licenses retained by the police when imposing a spot fine.

Did you open the thread to ask this question?

Even if your friend cant able to help you in this, who else you expect?

Though AL members might be charged for traffic violations in their past, helping/advising you in your offences is a bad thing.

Pls make the roads safer to us.

Most importantly, do not indulge in traffic offences anymore!

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gNaveendra said:

Though AL members might be charged for traffic violations in their past, helping/advising you in your offences is a bad thing.

Thanks.

I don't think he is looking to avoid the fine in this situation. He's asking a method to get his license back to Colombo or where ever he is, after paying the fine.

@varotone I think there are some courier services for this but they charge large sum when it's outside of Colombo. Just search online and in FB.

Edited by walkernet
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, gNaveendra said:

Thanks.

Hey chill man! There's nothing to loose your cool over this.

I'm sure that most of the AL members have been been booked for a traffic offense they committed or not. Don't talk like I'm a serial killer! I just happened to commit a minor traffic offense, paid the fine and want to get back my license.

I was not advertising my offense or seeking help to do anything illegal. It's people like you who don't read or understand things but jump to conclusions and tell others to be safe drivers that make the road unsafe for us with your hasty driving.

For the record, I'm nota habitual traffic offender.

You sir, need to get you vision checked if you don't see what I have posted or get you brain checked if you can't understand what I said. Please stay away from the roads for the time being.

Cheers!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, varotone said:

Hey chill man! There's nothing to loose your cool over this.

I'm sure that most of the AL members have been been booked for a traffic offense they committed or not. Don't talk like I'm a serial killer! I just happened to commit a minor traffic offense, paid the fine and want to get back my license.

I was not advertising my offense or seeking help to do anything illegal. It's people like you who don't read or understand things but jump to conclusions and tell others to be safe drivers that make the road unsafe for us with your hasty driving.

For the record, I'm nota habitual traffic offender.

You sir, need to get you vision checked if you don't see what I have posted or get you brain checked if you can't understand what I said. Please stay away from the roads for the time being.

Cheers!

Thanks for the advice...!!! :action-smiley-060:

13 minutes ago, varotone said:

I searched the internet and Facebook and asked 4 courier services. No avail.

@walkernet can you please share with me the details of any such services you know? Please PM me if sharing such information is a violation forum rules.

PMed, not sure about the prices though. 

Thanks for the info @walkernet

Posting some details here for the benefit of any unfortunate AL members. (I hope none of you will get in to such a mess)

Few startups in Sri Lanka offer page/butler/delivery on demand services. One that goes by the name "The $qu@d" is not in operation now. Another named "N!¢N@¢" doesn't answer the phone and the app is stuck at the registration page.

I will update if it was useful.

Edited by varotone
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Davy said:

"මේ වර්ෂය (2015) අවසානයට පෙර හදුන්වල දෙනවා." (1:28). So seems we need to wait.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1