• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Axio Hybrid Car Battery

sumedha

I have Axio Hybrid car year 2014  mileage 108,000 . I scan my car and say that some sells are going to weak. so i want to buy hybrid battery . Pls let me know  the availability and  full price . can i replace

us sells and condition of sells after repair. pls intimate the cost for repair alos
Best regard

can my battery repair
K I S DE SILVA

you can search in the forum for details.

Some  are saying the Li-ion batteries used in newer hybrid cars do not depreciate like in older ones with Ni-MH.

But the truth is different as seen by that even newer hybrid batteries having issues under SL conditions.

The 100% safe solution is to change with Original Toyota Battery(No worries for some more years if you plan to keep it)

But if you plan to sell the car soon you can go for a cheaper Chinese Complete battery or even Cell repair.

In both case there is no guarantee how long you have until the problems come again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vag2 said:

The 100% safe solution is to change with Original Toyota Battery(No worries for some more years if you plan to keep it)

But if you plan to sell the car soon you can go for a cheaper Chinese Complete battery or even Cell repair.

Nice advice....... 

Typical "..............." (no proper word) mentality. 

Edited by gayanath
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

No advice, just the 3 options based on different SL driver requirements since there was no reply posted for 2 days.?

So what is your "professional IESL mechanical Engineer" advice?

By the way, I am curious why doesn't even the agent give the Full warranty(at least 100,000km or 5 years ) if the repair is so successful.All the money saved on Petrol to be spent on a battery in the end..

Edited by vag2

1 hour ago, vag2 said:

So.. in other words; you are recommending to cover up the fault and pass it on to the next owner without doing a proper repair?? what kind of a person are you???  

21 minutes ago, LashNeo said:

in other words; you are recommending to cover up the fault and pass it on to the next owner without doing a proper repair?

Nope, I never said to cover up and sell.Read my comment again.

Chinese battery pack or Cell repair is also an effort to fix it although the success is highly dubious and you don't wont to go through the same hell twice if the problem comes back in a short time. But the people who are doing Cell repair  claim it to be a "proper" repair.?

Typical Toyota owner mentality is to resell for more than the price the car was bought years ago, So I doubt any of them would be honest to mention the Issue to a new buyer or reduce half a million from the resale price, which he  had saved on petrol.