• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Japan alto

Vimanga

Question

Dear all, I am thinking of buying a Japanese Alto. Normally I drive daily I colombo area and weekends I drive to Matara  along  the express way. Is it comfortable to drive long distance. Can we drive 100Kmph with four adults in express way without any trouble. What about the avg fuel consumption.(actual, no the spec given by the coy). Thank you.

4 answers to this question

I have driven few keycars. As I feel Nissan Days and Mitsu's EK are more comfortable than the Alto. Alto has a turbo rs version. I have not driven it. it may be more comfortable than the cheap version, but the fuel consumption should be a bit of high. Avg fuel consumption depends on the way you drive. Some people say they do above 20 kmpl.

Edited by Ko0I

good car, wife's alto 2016 does 20-24 kmpl. on the long distances the TINY car is not stable and the driving position is not good.

A good car for the city. The auto shut down is better to be kept of as the 3 cylinder makes a big noise when stating etc. 

On 7/22/2018 at 7:14 AM, Vimanga said:

Normally I drive daily I colombo area and weekends I drive to Matara  along  the express way. Is it comfortable to drive long distance. Can we drive 100Kmph with four adults in express way without any trouble. What about the avg fuel consumption.(actual, no the spec given by the coy). Thank you.

I have been driving a 2016 Alto for the past few months, and it has been pretty good so far.

I am also mainly driving within Colombo and no issues with that.

I have driven on the Express Way, when I picked up the car from Hambantota (yes, went on the importing route). It was able to handle the 100kmph speed without any problem. We were only 2 large adults, but I'm sure it'd be fine with 4. There is a fair bit of floor noise, as with any small car. I have driven few different large Toyota's on the express way and this wasn't too bad comparing to that, may be the back seats are a bit flat.

With my own calculations, mileage was about 20 on the highway, and now doing about 15-17 within Colombo.