• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Bezza 2018 vs Toyota Vitz 2016

Sachinkc

11 hours ago, Sachinkc said:

Hi Guys 

So i finnaly purchased and brought home my Bezza. Took abit longer than expected as i had to sell my car first then get the funds sorted etc. Glad its finally home though. 

Will post a detailed review when i am done hsing for atleast 2 weeks as its unfair to say anything now. 

In the meantime does anyone know where i can get fog lamps fixed? 

Congrats on your new car mate! That car brings a lot of value for what you pay with a good warranty! Enjoy :) 

On 10/1/2018 at 12:07 PM, Sachinkc said:

I think the safest way is ask the parts department at Unimo Orugodawatta.

Do you have the switch for the fog lights with your existing headlight switch?

(Like in this sample pic)

If not I guess you might have to do a hack to turn on with parking or headlights by adding a relay and a wiring job. Or may be add a separate switch on one of the blank slots.

maxresdefault.jpg

On 10/1/2018 at 11:37 PM, Sachinkc said:

Hi Guys 

So i finnaly purchased and brought home my Bezza. Took abit longer than expected as i had to sell my car first then get the funds sorted etc. Glad its finally home though. 

Will post a detailed review when i am done hsing for atleast 2 weeks as its unfair to say anything now. 

Congratulations! As someone who virtually used a Perodua for several years I can vouch these little machines are very capable and provide great value for money. The agent is one of the better agents in SL in my experience. Awaiting your review on this. 

Just now, matroska said:

Congratulations! As someone who virtually used a Perodua for several years I can vouch these little machines are very capable and provide great value for money. The agent is one of the better agents in SL in my experience. Awaiting your review on this. 

Great to know. Yes i will review after two weeks. Thanks 

HI Guys, wanted some advice. I have used Manual cars all my life. Have occassionally driven plenty of auto's but never owned one. 

I used to have a habit of switching to neutral when stuck in traffic but the sales guy told me that I should leave it in drive as it helps the Eco driving mode of the car. 

Is this true? Any experience would be great to know. 

1 minute ago, Sachinkc said:

HI Guys, wanted some advice. I have used Manual cars all my life. Have occassionally driven plenty of auto's but never owned one. 

I used to have a habit of switching to neutral when stuck in traffic but the sales guy told me that I should leave it in drive as it helps the Eco driving mode of the car. 

That's true.. That's the exact behavior for Stingrays as well.. If u need the eco idle mode to work, u should leave it in N with Brake paddle pressed. 

However, im not quite sure the impact for the gearbox though.. Does yours comes with a conventional gearbox or CVT ?

18 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

Well as far as I understand I wouldn't shift to N in traffic simply because you'd have to do it so many times and at the end of the day there will be wear and tear on the transmission.  I'm not an expert to comment on the degree of wear and tear the transmission is subject to when you constantly engage-disengage. 

BY eco-driving did you imply that there is a stop-start mechanism?

9 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

9 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

Oh ok. No it does not have start stop funcionality so it was abit confusing what the sales guy was trying to imply. Perha

Are you sure? or is there a variant which has IDLE stop and start functionality? because if im not mistaken the video i watched says it does ? Or that's what i remember.. let me recheck it.

Edited by PerfMad

Yes, what we get here is the basic 1.0 litre model. Auto start stop is in the 1.3 litre advance variant which is only sold in Malaysia. Will cost LKR 6 million upwards if they were to sell the same here. So in summary I guess it does nt make a difference whether I switch to neutral or not apart from the wear and tear on the gear box?

12 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

Yes, what we get here is the basic 1.0 litre model. Auto start stop is in the 1.3 litre advance variant which is only sold in Malaysia. Will cost LKR 6 million upwards if they were to sell the same here. So in summary I guess it does nt make a difference whether I switch to neutral or not apart from the wear and tear on the gear box?

Opz dts too bad.. i assumed we are getting all the variants here, and i personally don't think 1.3 worthy for 6mil range either.. 
with regard to the gearbox wear, i guess it should be fine for a normal gearbox to keep it neutral in heavy traffic.. I even does the same on my Honda CVT gearbox

3 hours ago, Sachinkc said:

This applies to Torque converter Autos. You should only put it in N if the vehicle is stopped for a long time, example at traffic lights. (If you leave it D for a long time when the vehicles is not moving it will stress the converter) . Frequently  if you change it from D-N-D..... in our Colombo traffic it is not going to be favorable for the transmission. Continuously disengaging-engaging the torque converter will wear it out faster. 

Edited by TheFlyingFox

• 11 months later...