• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Bezza 2018 vs Toyota Vitz 2016

Sachinkc

9 hours ago, Sachinkc said:

Hello. The Bezza comes with a 1000cc VVTI engine. According to the sales guy this is a Toyota Engine. I do not know what the engine in the Vitz is. 

Looking at a 2016 Vitz it would have at east done 20k vs the 0 mileage of the Bezza. 

According to wiki the 1000CC engine is "designed by Daihatsu, which is a subsidiary of Toyota", Ref:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_KR_engine

The Bezza is the first fully perodua designed car. What lies underneath is somewhat similar.

I think the bezza has good ground clearance so if that's important to you then that's a good choice. If warranty etc are important to you you can go for the Bezza while you'd think the vitz would have decent resale value if that's a concern. I'm not sure about the quality of interior etc in the perodua so better check that out too. I assume you've seen/test driven a bezza. Do the same for a Vitz if you haven't done yet. 

So you would be buying the Bezza directly from the agent ?

So here is another dimension to think about....there are plenty of Vitz for sale...but because of shady practices of our gray market car importers most of them are junk and some are decent. When you are buying a common gray import car like the Vitz...it takes a lot of checking and verification, etc...to make sure you don't buy a piece of s***. If you are buying the Bezza fro the agent...then you know that it is not a piece of junk...granted some agents were known to have sold off shipping damaged cars that were poorly fixed; but that can always be checked a lot easily than trying to check a gray import. 

Thank you both for your valuable feedback. Yes, this is one of my main concerns as I dont want to be sold some damaged scrap from Japan. I will be purchasing the Bezza directly from Unimo (Fully Owned Subsidiary of Unit#d Mot#rs). Comes with a 3 year warranty or 100k km whichever comes first. 

I test drove the Bezza and it is pretty comfortable and has a good suspension. 

Thanks for your feedback guys

21 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

Thank you both for your valuable feedback. Yes, this is one of my main concerns as I dont want to be sold some damaged scrap from Japan. I will be purchasing the Bezza directly from Unimo (Fully Owned Subsidiary of Unit#d Mot#rs). Comes with a 3 year warranty or 100k km whichever comes first. 

good luck with your purchase! Try to update this thread/or an existing Bezza thread with a review of your car so future buyers will find it useful. 

32 minutes ago, Sachinkc said:

I will be purchasing the Bezza directly from Unimo (Fully Owned Subsidiary of Unit#d Mot#rs). Comes with a 3 year warranty or 100k km whichever comes first. 

Do you have to wait until it’s delivered or it’s ready to pickup? The reason I’m asking is when I bought my first Viva it was in stock, but when I bought the Viva Elite they said it will be delivered with in a month or two (plus they said “if we get an early shipment we will get you from that batch “). Sales team is really good at story telling. Finally I got my car after about 6 or 7 months and had to pay 1lakh more than the promised price. I don’t want to discourage you, just for your information what to expect. 

Also please check the ground clearance of the car. Early days I had major problems with the Viva that came with 12” tires. It was improved with the Elite with 13” tires and still I took extra care not to scratch the bottom of the front bumper.

3 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Do you have to wait until it’s delivered or it’s ready to pickup? The reason I’m asking is when I bought my first Viva it was in stock, but when I bought the Viva Elite they said it will be delivered with in a month or two (plus they said “if we get an early shipment we will get you from that batch “). Sales team is really good at story telling. Finally I got my car after about 6 or 7 months and had to pay 1lakh more than the promised price. I don’t want to discourage you, just for your information what to expect. 

Also please check the ground clearance of the car. Early days I had major problems with the Viva that came with 12” tires. It was improved with the Elite with 13” tires and still I took extra care not to scratch the bottom of the front bumper.

Thanks. Yes they said they have enough stock so there should not be a waiting line. Ground clearence is excellent with the Bezza more than most modern day cars. Thanks for your help :)

If you go for a vitz please be careful about the inspection certificate.jaai and jevic are reliable but dont buy a car which was inspected by bearue veritas.according to information all milage altered and repaired cars are coming through bearue veriras inspection.

You can verify jevic certificate online through their web site.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sachinkc said:

Hi Guys what do you think about installing push start / stop locally? The port is already there. It just needs to be installed on the already existing port. 

Although the blank port cover  is there is the cabling/wiring there ? When you say push/start, are you just talking about the start/stop function only or the whole stupid "smart key" system ? Because if the wiring is not there, you will have to do the wire harnessing, sensors, etc...

The local Chinese ones are crap and then 90% of the people installing them are even crappier who follow no proper standards or care when splitting and joining cables, etc...so just stick with the normal key. Those smart key systems, even the factory fitted ones, are a total pain in the a**. 

Used Toyota switches are cheap, but when you add the harness and the keys it gets quite pricey even though its used. If you buy the entire harness that saves the car cables from getting cut as it will be just plug and play.

Again...just use the normal key....it doesn't take much to put a key in a hole and twist. If you really really want one...just buy one with a smart key system from the manufacturer (nowadays the price is not that different and what ever the difference is you will have to spend on getting a crappy after market system involved and the risk of it going bad).

Edited by iRage

6 minutes ago, iRage said:

Although the blank port cover  is there is the cabling/wiring there ? When you say push/start, are you just talking about the start/stop function only or the whole stupid "smart key" system ? Because if the wiring is not there, you will have to do the wire harnessing, sensors, etc...

The local Chinese ones are crap and then 90% of the people installing them are even crappier who follow no proper standards or care when splitting and joining cables, etc...so just stick with the normal key. Those smart key systems, even the factory fitted ones, are a total pain in the a**. 

Used Toyota switches are cheap, but when you add the harness and the keys it gets quite pricey even though its used. If you buy the entire harness that saves the car cables from getting cut as it will be just plug and play.

Again...just use the normal key....it doesn't take much to put a key in a hole and twist. If you really really want one...just buy one with a smart key system from the manufacturer (nowadays the price is not that different and what ever the difference is you will have to spend on getting a crappy after market system involved and the risk of it going bad).

thanks for the feedback. Guess ill stick to the normal key. 

On 7/21/2018 at 6:07 PM, Sachinkc said:

Hi Guys what do you think about installing push start / stop locally? The port is already there. It just needs to be installed on the already existing port. 

think about this again. there are times, i wish my allion has a regular key. Push start can be a pain in the a** when your key stops responding. When the battery is low or when there is a big interference to radio signals, this can happen.

6 hours ago, BlueRaiden said:

think about this again. there are times, i wish my allion has a regular key. Push start can be a pain in the a** when your key stops responding. When the battery is low or when there is a big interference to radio signals, this can happen.

True, not sure it’s just mine. I have faced this problem on the parking lot near Majestic City the one down the road.

I guess after market push start MIGHT be same as fixing after market security system. Not that I had problems with after market security system fixed by a famous place but almost had a heartattack seeing them cutting tons of wires under the dashboard.. I would never do that again.

17 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

This guy makes some very strong points why Immobilizer Keys  are still superior! My FD1 has a regular key I was feeling outdated sometimes!
Well not after hearing all these stories! :D 

First of all i’ve seen many in this forum doesn’t like this YouTuber. They say this guy is a “Makabaas”. Since I don’t know about fixing cars what this guy tells seems interesting and like to listen. 

For myself I tend to like traditional keys with immobilizer since I’m cheap to buy fancy ones with remote start and fancy stuff. (Full of jealousy for rich ppl with those ??

But with my friends experience i’ve seen the pain when the remote battery is week. Forget about opening the door you cannot start the car easily. So the first time you know the battery is low better to change it.

The worst is from time to time my office sends emails about cars in garage with engines running. I’m not sure whether people forget to switch off the cars with push button or whether the car started accidentally with remote start. 

We had a funny incident too. Once on a snowy day (yes in a different country) my friend used the remote start from apartment so the car will be warm when we go to the car, but when we came to the car realized that we accidentally pressed one more time which opened the sunroof and window and had a really bad time with all the snow inside.

But on the bright site isn’t it awesome if one can start the air conditioning before entering to the car. Sometimes I too feel if I could have a car with push button  so I don’t have bunch of keys over my leg while driving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys 

So i finnaly purchased and brought home my Bezza. Took abit longer than expected as i had to sell my car first then get the funds sorted etc. Glad its finally home though. 

Will post a detailed review when i am done hsing for atleast 2 weeks as its unfair to say anything now. 

In the meantime does anyone know where i can get fog lamps fixed? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sachinkc said:

Hi Guys 

So i finnaly purchased and brought home my Bezza. Took abit longer than expected as i had to sell my car first then get the funds sorted etc. Glad its finally home though. 

Will post a detailed review when i am done hsing for atleast 2 weeks as its unfair to say anything now. 

In the meantime does anyone know where i can get fog lamps fixed? 

COngrats on your new purchase. Please do update us.. I'm currently looking into the same vehicle. By the way which year model did you purchase + engine capacity ?

1 hour ago, PerfMad said:

COngrats on your new purchase. Please do update us.. I'm currently looking into the same vehicle. By the way which year model did you purchase + engine capacity ?

Hi, I purchased the Perodua Bezza Gxtra 2018 model. This is a 1000cc engine similar to the 2017 model. You may want to purchase it though prior to the anticipated hike in prices.