• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu mira fuel

Shasheem

1. First of all you need to realize that Sri Lankans have some messed up need to exaggerate fuel figures of their cars. So when people say what their fuel figures are and they are unbelievable numbers...they are just that..numbers not to be believed. So if they say 18-20....then I would reckon something more realistic would be 15ish ? (I am just guessing...search the forums for what kei cars usually get....the Mira should also be around that range)

1a. Fuel consumption can drastically change depending on the conditions the car is being used in....if you are living in a high traffic area where you are stuck in traffic for long periods of time, whether you have idling stop enabled or not, whether you live in a hilly area and drive around with a full car or not, your driving habits like acceleration, braking, how much you drive on the highway and how much on open roads and how much within the city within a tank cycle, etc...all make a huge difference on fuel consumption.

2. If you bought a previously unused car from Japan (i.e. brand new, but registered for a day and unregistered for the purpose of selling for export in Japan); it could be that the engine is still breaking in and will improve a bit over time it would improve a bit

3. Alternatively, you can also check things like air pressure, etc...and just make sure the car is in generally good running condition.

4. The sad reality in Sri Lanka is the very strong possibility that you bought a crappy car which was dressed up and sold as a "brand new" car by our lovely car sales people. If that was the case then there could be something wrong with the engine.  <but you got the car properly checked before purchase right ? or if it was a direct purchase in Japan...did the proper checks ?>  

11 hours ago, Shasheem said:

I bought a daihatsu mira few months back fuel consumption is only 11.5 to 12 in cmb where I herd some says they get about 18-20 in city limits. Can someone help me on this 

LOL that's perfectly normal ...some hybrids also get that mileage ?  [an FD3 driver would love to get 12 KMPL in the city] ...please don't give too much weight on what 'some' say.  They may have driven during mid-night. 

See some kids when they're about 6 or 7 lie about the number of toys they have. When they are about 15 they lie about the length of their male reproductive organs. When these kids grow up they lie about fuel consumption of their cars :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

They kinda do 20 kmpl on the long run, I own one, used by my wife daily. Check other parameters and driving style. Not exaggerating btw. I have commented on my account status with pics prior. And DONT RELY ON THE DISPLAY READOUT

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Well mine was doing around 15 kmpl (colombo) but suddenly it dropped to around 13 kmpl range. I feel it has some pickup issue also. Specially with AC ON. I did service last week but no improvement. Expert advice welcome. 

Oil - Toyota 0W-20

Oil Filter - VIC C-110

Air Filter - VIC A-752

Petrol - 92

ODO - 16,xxx (bought around 14,xxx)