• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius C vs Vitz

Dee Gee

Question

Hello,

Buying a new car with Govt. permit is a challenge this time. Would like opinions from you people whether to buy a Vitz or Prius C.

Prius C starts at 3.6 B/New from Toyota. Vitz has a large range. Since my budget is below 4 million, I cannot go for anything larger.

Prius C (or Aqua) has tight rear leg room, it seems. And ground clearance is also low. Hybrid resell value is also a challenge. 

Your views please....

11 answers to this question

Well...the Difference in rear leg room between the Vitz and the Aqua is quite small at most...and if I am not mistaken the difference exists mainly because of the seat height and also the Vitz feels roomier because of the roof shape. To be honest I find the Aqua a lot more chuckable than the Vitz :D

As for ground clearance....if you are looking at the Prius C (which is the export variant) I believe it has slightly higher suspension than the Aqua. But double check. However, at the end of the day...there are plenty of Aquas running around without much issue with ground clearance, but that would also depends on things like where you live, etc...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dee Gee said:

Hello,

Buying a new car with Govt. permit is a challenge this time. Would like opinions from you people whether to buy a Vitz or Prius C.

Prius C starts at 3.6 B/New from Toyota. Vitz has a large range. Since my budget is below 4 million, I cannot go for anything larger.

Prius C (or Aqua) has tight rear leg room, it seems. And ground clearance is also low. Hybrid resell value is also a challenge. 

Your views please....

If you have a permit are you sure these are the only options? Wouldn't an axio fit in your budget?

10 hours ago, matroska said:

If you have a permit are you sure these are the only options? Wouldn't an axio fit in your budget?

Axio was in my list. But my budget is limited. I also do not like to buy a used hybrid car for permit.

3 hours ago, Dee Gee said:

Axio was in my list. But my budget is limited. I also do not like to buy a used hybrid car for permit.

Both the Aqua/Prius C and Vitz are outgoing models which are soon to be replaced. They are reliable, no frills, well built cars that gets the job done and with the right upgrades can actually be nice and fun to drive. However, the models are old and new safety features have been packed in just to keep up with Japanese safety regulations. They are both going to get replaced within the next year or so. 

Have you considered alternatives like the Suzuki Swift (or even the Solio if you are in to the MPV look)? A bit off the norm would the the Nissan e-Note, not as common as the Vitz and Aqua but I see more and more being advertised for sale.

The Fit too is somewhat old and is destined for a model refresh.

22 hours ago, Dee Gee said:

Hello,

Your views please....

the answer is Audi A1

On 7/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, iRage said:

Both the Aqua/Prius C and Vitz are outgoing models which are soon to be replaced. They are reliable, no frills, well built cars that gets the job done and with the right upgrades can actually be nice and fun to drive. However, the models are old and new safety features have been packed in just to keep up with Japanese safety regulations. They are both going to get replaced within the next year or so. 

Have you considered alternatives like the Suzuki Swift (or even the Solio if you are in to the MPV look)? A bit off the norm would the the Nissan e-Note, not as common as the Vitz and Aqua but I see more and more being advertised for sale.

The Fit too is somewhat old and is destined for a model refresh.

This is the first time I have heard of this with what are they going to be replaced ?

11 hours ago, Seedr said:

This is the first time I have heard of this with what are they going to be replaced ?

I meant the existing models are going out...a new TNGAplatform based Vitz is to be showcased later this year (supposedly) and an Aqua soon after (there are also rumors that the two cars will be merged).

5 minutes ago, iRage said:

I meant the existing models are going out...a new TNGAplatform based Vitz is to be showcased later this year (supposedly) and an Aqua soon after (there are also rumors that the two cars will be merged).

Make sense in UK Yaris (Vitz) hybrid is marketed