• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

CIVIC FD3 IMA issue

Harshalakmal87

Question

I have a HONDA Civic FD3 2009 car.few months back while I was driving steering light indicated and there was a rought feeling with steering movenents,initially it happend occasionally and then more often. That issue was settled by replasing the hybrid battery pack.After few weeks IMA indicator was continuously on and when I accelerate the vehicle to high RPM 12V batery indicator starts indicating for few minuits. 12V battery was replaced but this issue is still there.can someone help me? What could be the reason ?

3 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Harshalakmal87 said:

I have a HONDA Civic FD3 2009 car.few months back while I was driving steering light indicated and there was a rought feeling with steering movenents,initially it happend occasionally and then more often. That issue was settled by replasing the hybrid battery pack.After few weeks IMA indicator was continuously on and when I accelerate the vehicle to high RPM 12V batery indicator starts indicating for few minuits. 12V battery was replaced but this issue is still there.can someone help me? What could be the reason ?

The IMA indicator can come up for a number of different reasons with the most common being a deteriorating hybrid battery. You have to take the vehicle to an agent and read the actual error code to diagnose the problem.

The 12v battery indicator coming up usually means that the 12v battery is not getting charged by the IMA system. There can be a number of reasons for this but you need the error code to properly troubleshoot the problem.

From where did you replace the hybrid battery from? Did they do any software updates when the battery was replaced? In any case find out what the error code is.

FD3s with a YOM before 2010 has that famous IMA issue. (Battery failing prematurely). Honda fixed the issue with a software update meaning you have to UPDATE the IMA software with the new battery pack. (Actually you could have avoided the issue altogether if you updated the software before the original battery failed)

Did you update the IMA software?