• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drive seat moved a bit down after hit back

mufleeh

Question

Hi,

A couple of days back a van hit my car (Perodua Axia) in the back when the car was in the traffic. It knocked 3/4 times and looks like the guy kept accelerating instead of braking. Just at the same time I felt my (driving) seat moved a slightly down and I thought one of the tires might have punctured or blown. That wasn't the case though. While the back door is damaged, the bottom panel also seemed to be crushed a bit. The garage guys (at the company) have assured there's nothing wrong with the chassis or the shocks. Vehicle is yet to be fixed but I am concerned about what could've happened to the drive seat area. I am sure of it because the rear view mirror is not at the correct position as it was before and also the eco mode indicator below the speedometer isn't visible to me when I sit and drive in the usual position. 

Anyone has an idea about this or having any sort of experience? 

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

If it's a height adjustable seat, maybe the shock caused the mechanism to unwind itself and send the seat down. This is assuming that no chassis damage was sustained. 

• Like 1