• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota LH 30 Van

Nishan.dj

Question

Friends,

I am looking for a Toyota LH 30 Van to buy. I read wiki and found it comes with Toyota L 2.2 Engine and there is no much information online about this. Therefore I need your knowledge/experience to look for a better one.

Could you kindly share how to inspect this vehicle to identify the issues most probably not mentioned by the owner of course. It is Ok to have minor problems because these were built around early 1980s. But I should be knowledgeable about what to inspect and how to inspect. 

Thanks and appreciate your feedback.

Nishan

2 answers to this question

• Yes, these vans came with an early L  series diesel engine, belt driven timing,, .and primitive drum stoppers all round. the alternator is governed by a mechanical regulator.And steering coloum mounted gear change. - all aerias which can be done better.

Good luck with your search,..

Edited by Twin Turbo

2 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:
  • Yes, these vans came with an early L  series diesel engine, belt driven timing,, .and primitive drum stoppers all round. the alternator is governed by a mechanical regulator.And steering coloum mounted gear change. - all aerias which can be done better.

Good luck with your search,..

• I have seen most of gear change moved to floor board and alternator too converted.
  • Check carefully about corrosion Specially  if it is repainted recently, Corrosion areas might be covered by body filler before paint.
  • Also heard body parts are rare and expensive.