• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ash123

Toyota CHR 2WD or 4WD

For some reason I thought the specs sheet showed the Allion being higher than the CHR...160mm vs 15x....

1 hour ago, iRage said:

For some reason I thought the specs sheet showed the Allion being higher than the CHR...160mm vs 15x....

14 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Its 140mm according to this (2WD variants)

https://toyota.jp/pages/contents/c-hr/001_p_006/pdf/spec/c-hr_spec_201910.pdf

Not sure if that is with the bodykit or not

Should be one with the bodykit. 

AWD version has slightly more ground clearance than the 2WD version. 

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

Its 140mm according to this (2WD variants)

https://toyota.jp/pages/contents/c-hr/001_p_006/pdf/spec/c-hr_spec_201910.pdf

Not sure if that is with the bodykit or not

As per this link it is 140mm for the 2WD and 155mm for the AWD model. I guess both ground clearance levels are without any body kits..

4 hours ago, hrm said:

Thought of CHR at the first place

That's a good choice actually if you're thinking of an upgrade - ones with a bit of mileage are going for very attractive prices.. 

3 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

It sure is going to be a problem when travelling in narrow roads.

The risk is higher when you go with google maps - they would show you a tiny road i have this concern with the civic too. 

1 hour ago, matroska said:

The risk is higher when you go with google maps - they would show you a tiny road i have this concern with the civic too. 

The Civic is even wider than the C-HR. 

2 hours ago, matroska said:

That's a good choice actually if you're thinking of an upgrade - ones with a bit of mileage are going for very attractive prices.. 

Exactly. Ground clearance is the only thing holding me back. Don't want to hear my father in law say "Jeep ekak ganna eke usa ekak ganna beri unada"? :P

Edited by hrm

17 minutes ago, hrm said:

Exactly. Ground clearance is the only thing holding me back. Don't want to hear my father in law say "Jeep ekak ganna eke usa ekak ganna beri unada"? :P

You don't have to please your father in law machan :action-smiley-032:

3 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

You don't have to please your father in law machan :action-smiley-032:

Well I promised to buy something that can be parked in his drive way when selling Vitz and bought Allion which has more GC on paper. This time I seriously need more mms for the sake of car. However I might keep this car for some time as it really does better anywhere else. Will PM you if I'm into a CHR someday.

26 minutes ago, hrm said:

Well I promised to buy something that can be parked in his drive way when selling Vitz and bought Allion which has more GC on paper. This time I seriously need more mms for the sake of car. However I might keep this car for some time as it really does better anywhere else. Will PM you if I'm into a CHR someday.

Sure mate. Any time. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to rectify, a car sale fella told the chr awd has more demand than the 2wd is it true? Being sri Lanka?

Based on my experiences on our second vehicle :), I must say that Ch-r is a great vehicle for an enjoyable ride......People who don't bother about the weird passenger seat window designing.....would not have to have any reservations to buy this vehicle...  

What I like the most...

- Stiff suspension 

-  The steering feels really engaged like....

- Very solidly built with a very nice interior

- Great pulling power (Initially I did not expect such a power in a 1.2 engine),

- Reasonable fuel economy... our AWD can get easily 14 km/l, but with careful driving even can reach 17 

Edited by vitz

36 minutes ago, vitz said:

Based on my experiences on our second vehicle :), I must say that Ch-r is a great vehicle for an enjoyable ride......People who don't bother about the weird passenger seat window designing.....would not have to have any reservations to buy this vehicle...  

What I like the most...

- Stiff suspension 

-  The steering feels really engaged like....

- Very solidly built with a very nice interior

- Great pulling power (Initially I did not expect such a power in a 1.2 engine),

- Reasonable fuel economy... our AWD can get easily 14 km/l, but with careful driving even can reach 17 

I second what you've mentioned here. AWD feels more engaged while driving than the 2WD. I really enjoy driving on twisty roads and the steering also feels heavier compared to other Toyotas. Good pickup from a stand still position due to AWD system. 

Yes the rear is a bit clostrophobic due to it's coupe like design but it doesn't bother me much.