• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota CHR 2WD or 4WD

Ash123

Congrats!. Hope you have got correct type of plates for the front. Because conventional number plate activates the front parking sensor results in persistent beep. (Learnt this hard way!)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, H.C said:

Congrats!. Hope you have got correct type of plates for the front. Because conventional number plate activates the front parking sensor results in persistent beep. (Learnt this hard way!)

Thanks!

Yeah, got the correct type plates. ?

22 hours ago, H.C said:

I had the same issue, front sensor started beeping continuously, took some time to figure it out,

Got the correct plates later

On 7/15/2018 at 12:23 PM, H.C said:

What's the correct type of plate for front?  Size 1 x 4 or 1 x 2 ?

C-HR did the first outstation run today from Nugegoda to Kurunegala.

I'm not considering about fuel consumption but just posted this for those who think premios have amazing fuel figures. (This was with AC)

By the way mine is a 1.2L AWD turbo GT

IMAG1117.jpg

5 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

C-HR did the first outstation run today from Nugegoda to Kurunegala.

I'm not considering about fuel consumption but just posted this for those who think premios have amazing fuel figures. (This was with AC)

By the way mine is a 1.2L AWD turbo GT

Are you like..ever going to post pictures of the rest of your car ?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, iRage said:

Oooh...that is the color I like :) and thank you for not buying one with those ridiculous body kits :D

Agree with you, I really wanted the ground clearance and didn't want to compromise it with a body kit.

About the colour, most people go for white but C-HR has lot of black colour panals. So black and white combination makes it looks more toyish (it already is)

Black panels nicely go with gray ( just my personal opinion)

22 hours ago, BlueRaiden said:

Hmm..seems like nothing much has changed...it can be.

Some time  a go a Japanese group did a similar survey. They checked the air quality of a cabin to see how safe it would be for people during allergy season. The resulting survey showed that Toyota had pretty poor air filtration (Nissan was next, then Suzuki or something...). Toyota's explanation at the time was that the base air filtration system has low filtration because it is complemented with Micro-dust and pollen filtration system and iON filters. Not a very good excuse especially when not all the cars nor the grades actually came with it. There after they did start sliding in the micro-dust and pollen filtration system as standard. But seems like it actually is not doing the job fully. 

• Sad 1

On 7/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, sathyajithj99 said:

Agree with you, I really wanted the ground clearance and didn't want to compromise it with a body kit.

About the colour, most people go for white but C-HR has lot of black colour panals. So black and white combination makes it looks more toyish (it already is)

Black panels nicely go with gray ( just my personal opinion)

Sathyajith. 

Congratulations on your purchase. By the way is this a JDM ? if so,  good to see that the instrument panel display is in English!!!!!

By the way, you have chosen the right color. Is this called gun metallic silver?

6 hours ago, vitz said:

Sathyajith. 

Congratulations on your purchase. By the way is this a JDM ? if so,  good to see that the instrument panel display is in English!!!!!

By the way, you have chosen the right color. Is this called gun metallic silver?

Thanks man. 

Yes is is a JDM. Actually it is very easy to change the language of the display. You just have to select from Japanese and English, then press the button. Very easy. Even the car sale guy didn't know that the language could be changed into English.

Colour is metallic grey.

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, hrm said:

You have a non-body kitted AWD right? How much is the ground clearance in mm?

Yes. 160 mm AFAIK . Never had a problem with ground clearance.  I've driven on badly paved estate sector roads for considerable amount of time. Never scraped the bottom. 

1 hour ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Yes. 160 mm AFAIK . Never had a problem with ground clearance.  I've driven on badly paved estate sector roads for considerable amount of time. Never scraped the bottom. 

Yeah. That's what I need to know. I had 160mm in my Allion too but some roads I travel demand more it seems.

17 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Did you sell the Allion? ?

Sorry it has to be have instead of had and no couldn't find a worthy upgrade yet. :) Thought of CHR at the first place but I'm not sure whether it can handle rough roads any better than my current ride. Funnily Raize does come to the picture with this ground clearance issue lol.

Edited by hrm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hrm said:

Yeah. That's what I need to know. I had 160mm in my Allion too but some roads I travel demand more it seems.

Are you sure Allion and C-HR has the same ground clearance mate?

Even if that is the case, still C-HR would do better on badly paved roads since it has short wheel base compared to Allion,  bigger 18 " wheels and firmer suspension.  Don't you think? 

7 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Are you sure Allion and C-HR has the same ground clearance mate?

Even if that is the case, still C-HR would do better on badly paved roads since it has short wheel base compared to Allion,  bigger 18 " wheels and firmer suspension.  Don't you think? 

On paper they both are same height wise but as you say wheel base length plays a role along with bigger wheels. Had to do a closer inspection and figure out. Btw I'm also talking about traveling in narrow estate roads/tea plantations and problem is entrance to  parents house of my wife  has 2-3 big curbs in a steep down and up angled road. Allion couldn't do it partly due to front lip being little longer and low. My previous Vitz did it with few scratches every time with 145mm clearance. Cars like Altos with short wheelbase and about 170mm can do. Maybe CHR also can.