• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Qashqai, CHR, Vezel, Peugeot 3008

Thebonaarachchi

Question

Hello friends,

Thinking of buying a Peugeot 3008 from carmart for my permit this time. Previously I have only used Toyota cars so don't have much of a idea about Peugeot. I value your ideas regarding carmart after sales service, parts availability, repair facilities, etc. It will cost about 6.0 million. Any idea about second hand market. Thanks in advance all Peugeot enthusiasts for your valuable ideas.

21 answers to this question

CHR and Vezel are JDM models. Qashkai, Peugeot are European models. In case of an accident, you won't be able to find used body parts easily,if you don't have full insurance.(But there are a handful of niche importers who bring parts from UK scrap yards at reasonable prices)

Edited by ajm
  • Thanks 1

Since Euros are becoming popular here sourcing parts want be a big issue. Even now there are guys who brings down parts from UK whiting 3 days. 

Biggest issue with PUGS is their engine. Previous lot of 508's suffered a lot with engine issues. I have no idea about their new engines. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, peugeot407 said:

Biggest issue with PUGS is their engine. Previous lot of 508's suffered a lot with engine issues

Is that so, what kind of issue? Anything to do with SL conditions? Pugs are known as quite reliable in Europe. Qashkai also source the engine from Renault, who owns Nissan.

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2018 at 8:00 AM, kush said:

If you are even thinking about reliability and second hand value stick to a Jap

Utter rubbish. Peugeot as a carmaker, has been suffering in the recent past and that's reflected in the products they churn out. But that doesn't mean all Euros are unreliable.

And i'm speaking as a Euro owner myself - for over a decade now.

CHR and Vezel sound like more reasonable and safe options. Good second hand value, parts available and reliable. Peugeot have had a terrible reputation for engine issues in the last decade. They used to build stern , reliable cars way back in the day.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:31 PM, Thebonaarachchi said:

Qashqai  (twkna+) highest grade, 0 mileage with options like birds eye view camera, auto parking, road signs detection, android auto etc, etc could be got down from uk by around 5.5 M. any comments.

I'll just say ask a x trail owner about the gearbox

Yep every time I hear the word I think of this.

It'll eat up all your cash.

The crv or the eclipse cross are better options. BTW the non permit price of the eclipse cross is close to 10mill. Which comes close to the price of a 2013 montero.

So if I were you I'd bring an eclipse cross sell it and buy a Monty. Well it's the baby suv vs the flagship.

Edited by Clark'sson

If you don't mind about the second market value peugeot 3008 is the best option on this compact suv category. (new exterior design and uncomparable premium interior for this price value.) I'd say 3008>qashqai>chr>vezel. but there will be certain compromises such as, our family car, 2018 Qashqai has no oil filter available in SL. Even at A*W. I'm pretty sure same problems would occur for newer peugeot models. It wouldn't be a problem if the money is in your side but, i'd say there will be lesser problems if you get a honda or a toyota,

• Like 1