• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

BMW

Chittaka

Question

Hi

I am a Toyota user. I am hoping to buy a second hand BMW 520D. Need your opinion on regular service costo fuel consumption  and common problems of such vehicle  (2012 and above ). 

Any alternative ways to get perfect  service and maintenance other than the Prestige. 

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

520d is a different story from toyota. If you are planning on something older than 5 years make sure you got  bit deep pockets. Unless you are 100% in to it without whining on any resale value maintaining costs better change your mind. Fuel economy wise these babies are pretty good compared to most jap.

If you are ready you can do your maintenance at autobavaria idealchoice milroy and maligawatta joint if you dont like prestige. I would recommend getting it done from company anyways as some of these places and company rates are not much different. These places will provide you other repairs as well if necessary. 

I personally recommend going for a new 318i rather going for a used 520d as you can relax without troubles for some good years specially as you are new to germans.

Edited by esanda007
  • Like 1

Hi,

I’m also a jap user for a several years and thinking of buying a 318i as the first european car. Prestige told that it comes with a 3 cylinder engine and lacks some power. But I doubt it. Can somebody give an advise, especially if you are currently using the car.

Thanks in advance..

15 hours ago, akanuruddha said:

Hi,

I’m also a jap user for a several years and thinking of buying a 318i as the first european car. Prestige told that it comes with a 3 cylinder engine and lacks some power. But I doubt it. Can somebody give an advise, especially if you are currently using the car.

Thanks in advance..

It has 136 bhp much more than the avearge Jap (Allion, Premio, Axio)