• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz gears not changing

Rasanthi

Question

11 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Rasanthi said:

my Toyota vitz car is not changing gears after the speed limit 20.i have changed the transmission oil as well the clutch plates and pressure plates too replaced.still the car is racing without moving after the 20 speed limit

Can you explain what you do with the gear lever after starting the car?

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Wait..D position ? Clutch and Pressure plate ?

Is this a manual or an automatic. If its an automatic how did you change the clutch plate and pressure plate ? If its a manual how do you have just a D position ?

Exactly the reason why I asked that question. If clutch and pressure plates are changed, it must be a manual car. I dont know if OP is shifting to 1 and expecting gears to shift automatically.

If its an automatic car, then the question of changing clutch and pressure plates come to the picture. May be possible that some cunning garage bugger has charged him/her for a non existent repair.

Either way, its a mystery.

58 minutes ago, Jason_Bourne said:

Toyota vitz never came as a manual to sri lanka right? Maybe be OP is talking about a clutch pack rebuild and a gear oil change which is the first diagnosis for a faulty transmission? 

Well..the base model came in MT form..most were business cars...so who knows..maybe they did come over ? It all depends on which model of Vitz this is as well...

On 7/5/2018 at 5:45 PM, Rasanthi said:

my Toyota vitz car is not changing gears after the speed limit 20.i have changed the transmission oil as well the clutch plates and pressure plates too replaced.still the car is racing without moving after the 20 speed limit

One day I had the same problem with my Vitz and I found that I didn't properly release the handbrake ???

On 7/5/2018 at 10:15 PM, Rasanthi said:

By your discription ,if your car is  equiped with an automatic gearbox, it is possible you're stuck in first gear,.. make sure the selector is firmly in D.  IF you have been charged for changing the clutch and pressure plates, then you've been taken for a ride by your mechanic.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2018 at 5:26 AM, Twin Turbo said:

By your discription ,if your car is  equiped with an automatic gearbox, it is possible you're stuck in first gear,.. make sure the selector is firmly in D.  IF you have been charged for changing the clutch and pressure plates, then you've been taken for a ride by your mechanic.

i second it :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Can you explain what you do with the gear lever after starting the car?

@RasanthiYes, if you are not in D position then this explains why.. 

Edited by PerfMad