• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
dantoddd

Servicing Audi A!

Guys,

I'm looking for a place to service my Audi A1. Unfortunately Senok does not handle re-exports so I'm left with using an alternative place. do you guys have any recommended places?

I used to service my A4 B5 at carepoint (watched them like a hawk while doing so), did repairs at senok and vishwa Motors. 

13 hours ago, dantoddd said:

Guys,

I'm looking for a place to service my Audi A1. Unfortunately Senok does not handle re-exports so I'm left with using an alternative place. do you guys have any recommended places?

Bring your prob with the regeonal bigwigs of the brand.

A known person is looking at bringing down an Audi A 1 but the issue is in servicing. Any one know how well the Place in Borelasgamuwa is equipped to  handle the A1 and the like ? Any alternatives?

I thought there was a new dealer for Audi ? if they is wonder if it’s the same stance

Vishwa motors is fully equipped handle the A1. However in my experience for several occasions  had to depend on the agents. 

Loosing agent assistance is a compromise you have to make for the saving you make. 

May be the agent does not have the capacity to cater the import glut. Otherwise i think the service business is a  cash cow with relatively little capital expenditure.

Im sure some one will set up a good center like what happened with BMW and the opportunity will be gone

Edited by Quiet

ok. i went to vishwa. they were very professional and quite affordable. Didnt seem to cut corners. they walked me through everything they did. told me to come back in 10000 km. i'm satisfed.

I bought a brand new Audi Q2 from Japan and and already been shipped. Im also looking for a reliable palace to get it serviced. Can you tell me the contacts of Wishwa Motors.

Vishwa Motors told me that engine oil needs to be changed for A1 1TFSI, every 7500KM or 6 months which ever comes first. But as per the 'https://www.audi.ca/content/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo/care-and-maintenance/Service-schedule-pdfs/EN/Model-Year-2017-English.pdf', it should be every 15000 KM or 1 year. Any idea about what does local Agents recommends for Q2s they have imported.

I was unable to connect SD cards and phone via Bluetooth to play MP3s. But phone got connected for calls. Guys at Vishwa Motors also unable to sort this out. Appreciate your advice on this as well.

Whether there is any place that I can extend my radio FM frequency to 108FM since I imported this from Japan.

Edited by ChamaraW

15 minutes ago, ChamaraW said:

Vishwa Motors told me that engine oil needs to be changed for A1 1TFSI, every 7500KM or 6 months which ever comes first. But as per the 'https://www.audi.ca/content/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo/care-and-maintenance/Service-schedule-pdfs/EN/Model-Year-2017-English.pdf', it should be every 15000 KM or 1 year. Any idea about what does local Agents recommends for Q2s they have imported.

Can't you just call up and ask them ? It is not like they are protecting some secret/proprietary information or anything so they should provide that information.

Edited by iRage

Another strict follower of the  user manual drafted for some other conditions. I have seen this trend among Suzuki Wagon R users where they use 0W20 in Sri Lanka and they argue that company is using wrong oil.

For VW group vehicles agent recommends changing oil at 7500km. This is based on our local condition and for the tropicalized version of this vehicle. However if you are not using the vehicle in severe traffic conditions you can extend it up to 10000km.

Since your vehicle is a gray import and manufactured to different conditions better to adhere with stringent service intervals and service it in 7500km or 12 months. 

The recommended oil for our conditions is 5W40 Castrol EDGE fully-synthetic. 

20 minutes ago, ChamaraW said:

Most of the Euros it is 15K or 1 year. You need to use manufacturer recommended oil (fully syntactic)

Some of the local agents go by 7500 / 6 months just to wash and clean your car and rip you off

Some go by servicing requirement for harsh conditions which is usually 7500 / 6 months, but when you really look at the criteria SL does not require them (unless you drive a taxi in the city)

As in your case there is not warranty requirement (I presume), save you money and the environment.

• Like 2

Bosch used 5W40 fully-synthetic for my Audi A5 and 10000Km interval. I dont think there will be a major difference in doing at 7500Km and 10000Km except for the cost.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Quiet said:

Bosch used 5W40 fully-synthetic for my Audi A5 and 10000Km interval. I dont think there will be a major difference in doing at 7500Km and 10000Km except for the cost.

Appreciate your feedback

23 hours ago, kush said:

Most of the Euros it is 15K or 1 year. You need to use manufacturer recommended oil (fully syntactic)

Some of the local agents go by 7500 / 6 months just to wash and clean your car and rip you off

Some go by servicing requirement for harsh conditions which is usually 7500 / 6 months, but when you really look at the criteria SL does not require them (unless you drive a taxi in the city)

As in your case there is not warranty requirement (I presume), save you money and the environment.

Appreciate your feedback