• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Servicing Audi A!

dantoddd

On 1/23/2020 at 7:04 PM, ramishkad said:

That's what I was thinking too. From which place did you get it done for your cars? Any specifics? Thanks.

It was a roadside place in Kandana bro. Known to us for some time. He did a good job though

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/22/2019 at 5:01 PM, ash225 said:

Hi Everyone,

Dont go to Vishwa Motors!!!

Let me explain why?!

for nearly two years my VW passat was serviced & maintained by them. Initially I didn't no much about the car & it was my best option at the time. 

*A month ago my passat needed replacement of its turbo. So I went to Vishwa to get the job done, the technician assigned was a trainee. While removing the defective turbo, he also had to pull out the rubber hose connected to it. He forcefully pulled out the hose (I thought it was normal to be pulled out like that) somehow the hose started tearing apart and became unusable.

Due to technicians fault the hose cost me an additional 15k.

*Then he started pulling out vacuum tubes & wire harnesses, instead of pulling the wires carefully from its clips the technician pulled the wires apart & broke it. I couldn't bear to watch what they were doing to my car & I questioned the technician, he said the wires were decayed and needed replacement. (But that wasn't the case, they carelessly broke it)

After the turbo was fixed I asked them to attend to a small oil leak near the power steering pump. It was such a small leak, about 2 or 3 drops in a day. The guy took an instrument & tightened the hose connecting to the pump & asked me to start the car. When I got off the car to see if the leak had stopped, it was a nightmare. Oil was sprinkling all over the rubber belts & engine.

Due to over tightening the threads of the power steering pump, had worn out.

SOLUTION- A NEW POWER STEERING PUMP.

Another 45k down the drain in a day! + additional charges for new wires and clips for which they broke.

Total was around 95k.

Left Vishwa motors around 10pm due to their negligence & faults.end of the day I was landed with a thumping bill which I had to pay anyways.

The Latest which happened last week...

Went to Vishwa to get a bearing replaced..since they were busy that day I handed over the keys to the senior gentleman in the office and asked them do a test run to rectify the faulty bearing and tookoff for lunch.

When I came back, the gent himself had done the test ride and said that it was from the front left hand side..

They hoisted the car and technician (dilruk) inspected the same and confirmed that it was the front bearing..

So replaced front bearing that day. The bill 29000/=

Released the car around 9pm.

On my way home, I noticed the same sound was audible during my drive home..the repair didn't make any difference whatsoever..

At this point I was thoroughly disappointed with these guys.

Went back to them next morning around 9am. Told them the situation..

Then Dilruk ( the guy who confirmed that it was the front bearing) took the car out for another test drive with me in it..

I insisted we went on the main road...and sound with a vibration was there..

Now there was no hoist available..

So patiently I had to wait until around 1pm and they put my car up for checking.

It was only then they realized that the sound was coming from the left rear.. they never bothered to check the rear wheels the previous evening..

It was the rear left bearing.

Cost of replacement  19000/=

I was very upset of what had happened..

For the 1st time in 2years, I wanted to speak to the boss (Ruwan) to explain the unjust situation I was in.

When I went up to him and told him what had happened, he said to speak to the person concerned..

So went back to the office to tell the gentleman who first drove the car on trial.. guess what...

Ho throws the ball back at me.He tells me that its the technician who is responsible...

I knew this isn't going in the right direction.

So I tried to approach Ruwan ( the boss) .. I said chief, I have a problem which I'm not responsible for.

He refused to even listen to what I had to say..he said he doesn't have time to listen to problems and that he has to go get his kid from school..(  that's exactly what he said )

Now How professional is that..

I never knew that they were of this calibre....it used to be customer is king.

Since we need to go to them, they feel like kings..they dont give a damn about the vehicles or customers.  All they want is our money..

Dear friends I stand by what I say it's the absolute truth.

* about 6 months ago went over due to miss in the car.. l told them to let me know the problem before they repair it.

I left the car and came home since I am in the middle of a construction.

An hour later they call me and say that the car is ready..I asked the what was the problem.happily went to get my car..

When I went, they hand me a bill of 22000/=.

They didn't even let me know that they were doing the repair since I had requested a quote prior to the repair..

Instead of replacing the faulty plug, they replaced all 4, landing me a bill of 24k for 4 VW labelled spark plugs..

Same on Ebay was 50 dollars including shipping..

Dont go there and strengthen this company...

Never leave your car there,unless it's a job that takes a couple of days..and you have no choice..

I Personally don't go there anymore since I found a pretty trustworthy place in Mt lavinia..

Also a brake away group has opened shop..heard their well equipped and some of best technicians have left Vishwa and joined them.

Contact Lalan - 077 2531949

but a bit of distance to get there.

***For cheap VW/Audi Spares go to Taiyo in Mt Lavinia..owner is a humble gentleman..****

Also he can guide you to the Service centre in Mt.lavinia.

Dont judge the book by its cover.

Owner of this garage is well qualified and has a workshop in the UAE too.

THEY TACKLE 

BMW- MERCEDIS BENZ-AUDI and VW. Even Japanese cars.

Full service at Vishwa cost me 25k.

Full service at mount 12k including oil.

DONT BE A FOOL LIKE ME.

I HAVE WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY AT VISHWA FOR A Long time. Paying almost double for maintenance of my car.

I can go with many more stories but will stick to what's relevant to me.

I will be opening a forum soon, so if any of you guys have similar experiences, they can be published there as well..please dont be lazy and silent..

Share your experience and let the management of Vishwa Motors know how we customers feel.

They should know that "customer is king"and that no one is indispensable..

Cheers,

Ash

Edited by Tharaka Dias
Same happened to me in last 3 years