• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Servicing Audi A!

dantoddd

2 hours ago, Quiet said:

well im not doing the initial service since I have already done two services at Bosch. However they recommend to do the initial service at 2500 Km if you are not sure of the milage of vehicle. They started from this month I think.

Thanks for the info. I got it with 60km on the ODO and now its 3400km. I'll do it this weekend if there are slots available. Thanks again.

EDIT: I called them and the process was well explained in detail. They also explained about the initial service. Quoting the email they sent:

Therefore as an initial step we will be carrying out an inspection service – where we will change the engine oil, oil, air and AC filters to suit the local environment along with the inspection. The inspection Service cost will be Rs. 50,000/- (below 1000cc engines) and Rs. 60,000/- (1000 to 1500cc engines). This is carried out to ensure your vehicle is using material suitable for Sri Lanka.

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ramishkad said:

Thanks for the info. I got it with 60km on the ODO and now its 3400km. I'll do it this weekend if there are slots available. Thanks again.

EDIT: I called them and the process was well explained in detail. They also explained about the initial service. Quoting the email they sent:

Prices quoted is without tax. Better ask the all inclusive

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Prices quoted is without tax. Better ask the all inclusive

Yeah I inquired about it over the phone. This plus VAT. So it comes to around 58k for below 1000cc or 70k for others as you mentioned.

Edited by ramishkad

I did the initial service from them. The registration process took about 45 mins (I went there around 8.30AM). Once that's done a service advisor is assigned to you and he will inspect the car and bring the car in for service.

At the initial service, they will remove and replace all your current Air/Oil filters and engine oil REGARDLESS of the state they are in. Apparently it's to bring grey imports to their standard. In my car which had 3700km on the ODO, the following was replaced:

Engine Oil Filter, Windscreen Washer Fluid, Oil Cap Seal + Washer, Coolant Top Off, Air Filter, A/C Filter element, fully synthetic engine oil (Ow-40), sundries(??).

They also do something called the 300 point inspection where they check both the hardware and software of the car.

For all of the above, the bill came up to LKR 58000. I know for a fact it doesn't cost this amount to do all the replacements above (their reason for the high initial cost). It's better if they were more upfront and called this what it is; an initial registration fee for grey imports. I would have paid it anyway.

However, the surprising part for me is that they do not let you watch the service. No one is allowed into the work area and you just have to take their word for it about the changes that are done.Of all the places I've been for car services (and thats quite a few), this was the only place that enforced this policy. 

That being said, the service was upto standards and they had covered all bases. Staff was friendly and helpful. There are other places that will get you the same service done (D*MO Bostch, Vishwa motors to name a few) for cheaper but agent maintenance always comes at an extra cost for grey imports I guess. 

• Confused 1

Welcome to the world of Euros, Grey or Black/ White you will have to live with this.

There are routine maintenance which you will have to do, replacements that need to be done based on age not mileage.

Parts are expensive as they are genuine, a oil filter 4-5K, air filter 10-15K, A/C filter another 10-15K, oil 4-5K per liter (and these cars hold 5-6 liters even a tiny engine).

Wait till you hit preventive maintenance where they will start replacing parts

Rs. 58K sounds reasonable for what they have attended, even a Toyota could have cost so much at the agents.

Service for a Corolla 141 @ 60K km came to Rs. 45K few years back

It is just a registration fee inclusive price. I think when maintaining at agents there will be a premium attached. They said subsequent services will cost less. (Around 35K)

Some times Vishwa motors are not professional in their work. I did some wire harness replacement two months back due to rat damage. They forgot to remove the OBD eleven device from the port and I saw it after a month when I noticed the red light.

Im also hoping to do a service this month and lets see how it goes. I have done maintenance of my vehicles at Toyota/Colonial/Bosch/Stafford so lets see how Audi agents go comparatively.

I agree on replacement part prices. It cost me 58K to replace brake pads and sensor just after 25K mileage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kush said:

Welcome to the world of Euros, Grey or Black/ White you will have to live with this.

There are routine maintenance which you will have to do, replacements that need to be done based on age not mileage.

Parts are expensive as they are genuine, a oil filter 4-5K, air filter 10-15K, A/C filter another 10-15K, oil 4-5K per liter (and these cars hold 5-6 liters even a tiny engine).

Wait till you hit preventive maintenance where they will start replacing parts

Rs. 58K sounds reasonable for what they have attended, even a Toyota could have cost so much at the agents.

Service for a Corolla 141 @ 60K km came to Rs. 45K few years back

You seem to have missed my point. I'm not complaining about the cost. I'm willing to pay a premium for genuine parts and quality service. Otherwise I would not have chosen to do the service at the agent in the first place.

What I wanted to emphasize was that the 50000 or whatever amount they charge is a flat rate. If you just replaced your filters/lubricants elsewhere and you know those items are genuine and match your vehicle, the agent will still replace them in the first service since its not from them. So anyone who is going to do the first service should consider this and plan when exactly they want to do it to avoid a loss from replacing perfectly good parts.

Edited by ramishkad

38 minutes ago, ramishkad said:

You seem to have missed my point. I'm not complaining about the cost. I'm willing to pay a premium for genuine parts and quality service. Otherwise I would not have chosen to do the service at the agent in the first place.

What I wanted to emphasize was that the 50000 or whatever amount they charge is a flat rate. If you just replaced your filters/lubricants elsewhere and you know those items are genuine and match your vehicle, the agent will still replace them in the first service since its not from them. So anyone who is going to do the first service should consider this and plan when exactly they want to do it to avoid a loss from replacing perfectly good parts.

Got your point, make sense provided you have the previous service records if it is a used car.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Dont go to Vishwa Motors!!!

Let me explain why?!

for nearly two years my VW passat was serviced & maintained by them. Initially I didn't no much about the car & it was my best option at the time. 

*A month ago my passat needed replacement of its turbo. So I went to Vishwa to get the job done, the technician assigned was a trainee. While removing the defective turbo, he also had to pull out the rubber hose connected to it. He forcefully pulled out the hose (I thought it was normal to be pulled out like that) somehow the hose started tearing apart and became unusable.

Due to technicians fault the hose cost me an additional 15k.

*Then he started pulling out vacuum tubes & wire harnesses, instead of pulling the wires carefully from its clips the technician pulled the wires apart & broke it. I couldn't bear to watch what they were doing to my car & I questioned the technician, he said the wires were decayed and needed replacement. (But that wasn't the case, they carelessly broke it)

After the turbo was fixed I asked them to attend to a small oil leak near the power steering pump. It was such a small leak, about 2 or 3 drops in a day. The guy took an instrument & tightened the hose connecting to the pump & asked me to start the car. When I got off the car to see if the leak had stopped, it was a nightmare. Oil was sprinkling all over the rubber belts & engine.

Due to over tightening the threads of the power steering pump, had worn out.

SOLUTION- A NEW POWER STEERING PUMP.

Another 45k down the drain in a day! + additional charges for new wires and clips for which they broke.

Total was around 95k.

Left Vishwa motors around 10pm due to their negligence & faults.end of the day I was landed with a thumping bill which I had to pay anyways.

The Latest which happened last week...

Went to Vishwa to get a bearing replaced..since they were busy that day I handed over the keys to the senior gentleman in the office and asked them do a test run to rectify the faulty bearing and tookoff for lunch.

When I came back, the gent himself had done the test ride and said that it was from the front left hand side..

They hoisted the car and technician (dilruk) inspected the same and confirmed that it was the front bearing..

So replaced front bearing that day. The bill 29000/=

Released the car around 9pm.

On my way home, I noticed the same sound was audible during my drive home..the repair didn't make any difference whatsoever..

At this point I was thoroughly disappointed with these guys.

Went back to them next morning around 9am. Told them the situation..

Then Dilruk ( the guy who confirmed that it was the front bearing) took the car out for another test drive with me in it..

I insisted we went on the main road...and sound with a vibration was there..

Now there was no hoist available..

So patiently I had to wait until around 1pm and they put my car up for checking.

It was only then they realized that the sound was coming from the left rear.. they never bothered to check the rear wheels the previous evening..

It was the rear left bearing.

Cost of replacement  19000/=

I was very upset of what had happened..

For the 1st time in 2years, I wanted to speak to the boss (Ruwan) to explain the unjust situation I was in.

When I went up to him and told him what had happened, he said to speak to the person concerned..

So went back to the office to tell the gentleman who first drove the car on trial.. guess what...

Ho throws the ball back at me.He tells me that its the technician who is responsible...

I knew this isn't going in the right direction.

So I tried to approach Ruwan ( the boss) .. I said chief, I have a problem which I'm not responsible for.

He refused to even listen to what I had to say..he said he doesn't have time to listen to problems and that he has to go get his kid from school..(  that's exactly what he said )

Now How professional is that..

I never knew that they were of this calibre....it used to be customer is king.

Since we need to go to them, they feel like kings..they dont give a damn about the vehicles or customers.  All they want is our money..

Dear friends I stand by what I say it's the absolute truth.

* about 6 months ago went over due to miss in the car.. l told them to let me know the problem before they repair it.

I left the car and came home since I am in the middle of a construction.

An hour later they call me and say that the car is ready..I asked the what was the problem.happily went to get my car..

When I went, they hand me a bill of 22000/=.

They didn't even let me know that they were doing the repair since I had requested a quote prior to the repair..

Instead of replacing the faulty plug, they replaced all 4, landing me a bill of 24k for 4 VW labelled spark plugs..

Same on Ebay was 50 dollars including shipping..

Dont go there and strengthen this company...

Never leave your car there,unless it's a job that takes a couple of days..and you have no choice..

I Personally don't go there anymore since I found a pretty trustworthy place in Mt lavinia..

Also a brake away group has opened shop..heard their well equipped and some of best technicians have left Vishwa and joined them.

Contact Lalan - 077 2531949

but a bit of distance to get there.

***For cheap VW/Audi Spares go to Taiyo in Mt Lavinia..owner is a humble gentleman..****

Also he can guide you to the Service centre in Mt.lavinia.

Dont judge the book by its cover.

Owner of this garage is well qualified and has a workshop in the UAE too.

THEY TACKLE 

BMW- MERCEDIS BENZ-AUDI and VW. Even Japanese cars.

Full service at Vishwa cost me 25k.

Full service at mount 12k including oil.

DONT BE A FOOL LIKE ME.

I HAVE WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY AT VISHWA FOR A Long time. Paying almost double for maintenance of my car.

I can go with many more stories but will stick to what's relevant to me.

I will be opening a forum soon, so if any of you guys have similar experiences, they can be published there as well..please dont be lazy and silent..

Share your experience and let the management of Vishwa Motors know how we customers feel.

They should know that "customer is king"and that no one is indispensable..

Cheers,

Ash

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ash225 said:

Hi Everyone,

Let me explain why?!

for nearly two years my VW passat was serviced & maintained by them. Initially I didn't no much about the car & it was my best option at the time. 

*A month ago my passat needed replacement of its turbo. So I went to Vishwa to get the job done, the technician assigned was a trainee. While removing the defective turbo, he also had to pull out the rubber hose connected to it. He forcefully pulled out the hose (I thought it was normal to be pulled out like that) somehow the hose started tearing apart and became unusable.

*Then he started pulling out vacuum tubes & wire harnesses, instead of pulling the wires carefully from its clips the technician pulled the wires apart & broke it. I couldn't bear to watch what they were doing to my car & I questioned the technician, he said the wires were decayed and needed replacement. (But that wasn't the case, they carelessly broke it)

After the turbo was fixed I asked them to attend to a small oil leak near the power steering pump. It was such a small leak, about 2 or 3 drops in a day. The guy took an instrument & tightened the hose connecting to the pump & asked me to start the car. When I got off the car to see if the leak had stopped, it was a nightmare. Oil was sprinkling all over the rubber belts & engine.

Another 45k down the drain in a day! + additional charges for new wires and clips for which they broke.

Total was around 95k.

Left Vishwa motors around 10pm due to their negligence & faults.end of the day I was landed with a thumping bill which I had to pay anyways.

Went to Vishwa to get a bearing replaced..since they were busy that day I handed over the keys to the senior gentleman in the office and asked them do a test run to rectify the faulty bearing and tookoff for lunch.

When I came back, the gent himself had done the test ride and said that it was from the front left hand side..

They hoisted the car and technician (dilruk) inspected the same and confirmed that it was the front bearing..

On my way home, I noticed the same sound was audible during my drive home..the repair didn't make any difference whatsoever..

Then Dilruk ( the guy who confirmed that it was the front bearing) took the car out for another test drive with me in it..

So patiently I had to wait until around 1pm and they put my car up for checking.

It was only then they realized that the sound was coming from the left rear.. they never bothered to check the rear wheels the previous evening..

For the 1st time in 2years, I wanted to speak to the boss (Ruwan) to explain the unjust situation I was in.

When I went up to him and told him what had happened, he said to speak to the person concerned..

So went back to the office to tell the gentleman who first drove the car on trial.. guess what...

Ho throws the ball back at me.He tells me that its the technician who is responsible...

So I tried to approach Ruwan ( the boss) .. I said chief, I have a problem which I'm not responsible for.

He refused to even listen to what I had to say..he said he doesn't have time to listen to problems and that he has to go get his kid from school..(  that's exactly what he said )

Since we need to go to them, they feel like kings..they dont give a damn about the vehicles or customers.  All they want is our money..

* about 6 months ago went over due to miss in the car.. l told them to let me know the problem before they repair it.

An hour later they call me and say that the car is ready..I asked the what was the problem.happily went to get my car..

They didn't even let me know that they were doing the repair since I had requested a quote prior to the repair..

Instead of replacing the faulty plug, they replaced all 4, landing me a bill of 24k for 4 VW labelled spark plugs..

Never leave your car there,unless it's a job that takes a couple of days..and you have no choice..

I Personally don't go there anymore since I found a pretty trustworthy place in Mt lavinia..

Also a brake away group has opened shop..heard their well equipped and some of best technicians have left Vishwa and joined them.

***For cheap VW/Audi Spares go to Taiyo in Mt Lavinia..owner is a humble gentleman..****

THEY TACKLE 

DONT BE A FOOL LIKE ME.

I HAVE WASTED MY TIME AND MONEY AT VISHWA FOR A Long time. Paying almost double for maintenance of my car.

I will be opening a forum soon, so if any of you guys have similar experiences, they can be published there as well..please dont be lazy and silent..

Share your experience and let the management of Vishwa Motors know how we customers feel.

Cheers,

Ash

You are absolutely correct. Some times I have received  quotations from them which are significantly expensive than Senok. In many occasions they use counterfeit chinese spares at the price of genuine parts. Better to avoid them. 

Earlier they provided a good service but with the recent boom in VW vehicles there service has deteriorated and Lalana was one of the genuine technicians.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just an update. Did my service at Drive one. Staff was very helpful and they did allow me to stay close to my vehicle while service is done. Cost 70K (I think they charge a registration fee for gray imports.) Overall it was far better than my experiences at Bosch and Vishwa Motors.

I told them I had few rat attacks in the past and they gave me a rat repellant spray free of charge. Apparently its a common occurrence in new Audi's.

15 hours ago, Quiet said:

Just an update. Did my service at Drive one. Staff was very helpful and they did allow me to stay close to my vehicle while service is done. Cost 70K (I think they charge a registration fee for gray imports.) Overall it was far better than my experiences at Bosch and Vishwa Motors.

I told them I had few rat attacks in the past and they gave me a rat repellant spray free of charge. Apparently its a common occurrence in new Audi's.

Good to hear. Close to vehicle as in inside the service area? 

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2018 at 8:48 AM, ChamaraW said:

Vishwa Motors told me that engine oil needs to be changed for A1 1TFSI, every 7500KM or 6 months which ever comes first. But as per the 'https://www.audi.ca/content/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo/care-and-maintenance/Service-schedule-pdfs/EN/Model-Year-2017-English.pdf', it should be every 15000 KM or 1 year. Any idea about what does local Agents recommends for Q2s they have imported.

I was unable to connect SD cards and phone via Bluetooth to play MP3s. But phone got connected for calls. Guys at Vishwa Motors also unable to sort this out. Appreciate your advice on this as well.

Whether there is any place that I can extend my radio FM frequency to 108FM since I imported this from Japan.

Try shimotorlk

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, peugeot407 said:

You are absolutely correct. Some times I have received  quotations from them which are significantly expensive than Senok. In many occasions they use counterfeit chinese spares at the price of genuine parts. Better to avoid them. 

Earlier they provided a good service but with the recent boom in VW vehicles there service has deteriorated and Lalana was one of the genuine technicians.

Had my A3 serviced by them and 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:01 PM, ash225 said:

Hi Everyone,

Let me explain why?!

Total was around 95k.

THEY TACKLE 

DONT BE A FOOL LIKE ME.

Cheers,

Ash

True. Had my A3 serviced by them and i was not satisfied with their work

Where do you guys go to do wheel alignment and how often? Audi agent told me wheel alignment is not necessary and hence they don't do it. That goes against everything I've learnt so far about cars so I want to do it elsewhere.

2 hours ago, ramishkad said:

Where do you guys go to do wheel alignment and how often? Audi agent told me wheel alignment is not necessary and hence they don't do it. That goes against everything I've learnt so far about cars so I want to do it elsewhere.

Get it done bro. They do it on Audis everywhere else in the world. Also I have noticed Audi's go off alignment after like 30k. (Experience from 6 Audi's). Mostly after it deals with our pot holes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Okii said:

Had my A3 serviced by them and 

True. Had my A3 serviced by them and i was not satisfied with their work

Due to the sudden influx of Audi's in the country. Most "VW group/Audi Specialists" have raised the prices to the sky and service to the ground.

These are things that one should consider before getting in to the bandwagon. Most of the have not clue on what it takes to maintain a Euro. Soon we will have a whole heap of Audis serviced by wayside garages/services and when the issues come prices will crash loosing million for even who brought brand new and services with the agent.

One need to understand that if you rely don't know your self what is happening better let the experts handle them.

This is the cost of ownership of a Euro.

And if you want one best options in my view is

1. Buy from agent and maintain with them (for rich)
  2. Buy used (from 1st owner above) with full service history (wise choice as you will not hit by the initial depreciation Tsunami)
  3. Gray import maintained with the agent (those who are adventures, wants useless options and wants to save few bucks from the initial price. I don't believe there will be a overall saving during full cost of ownership)
  4. Gray import maintained by morons (those who wants to be sitting Ducks)

Agent option is now open for Audi and i believe it is the way to go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Get it done bro. They do it on Audis everywhere else in the world. Also I have noticed Audi's go off alignment after like 30k. (Experience from 6 Audi's). Mostly after it deals with our pot holes.

That's what I was thinking too. From which place did you get it done for your cars? Any specifics? Thanks.

6 hours ago, ramishkad said:

That's what I was thinking too. From which place did you get it done for your cars? Any specifics? Thanks.

@ramishkad I got mine done at “Perera wheel alignment center” in battaramulla. My experience was pretty much positive with them as the wheel alignment operator knew exactly what he was doing and he took his time to complete the job.

• Like 2

A*W PitStop used to be good when they had the Corghi machine and very experienced staff - haven't been there in ages so don't know what the Kitulwatte Road set up is like currently

Sankha Digital is decent if you're anywhere around Nugegoda

U&H on Malay Street have a Hunter machine and a Hunter Road Force balancer but the staff who take the wheels off are careless so make sure you hover and ensure they don't jack the car up from an arm! The actual balancing and alignment work is good.

• Like 1