• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Servicing Audi A!

dantoddd

13 hours ago, dantoddd said:

Guys,

I'm looking for a place to service my Audi A1. Unfortunately Senok does not handle re-exports so I'm left with using an alternative place. do you guys have any recommended places?

Bring your prob with the regeonal bigwigs of the brand.

A known person is looking at bringing down an Audi A 1 but the issue is in servicing. Any one know how well the Place in Borelasgamuwa is equipped to  handle the A1 and the like ? Any alternatives?

I thought there was a new dealer for Audi ? if they is wonder if it’s the same stance

May be the agent does not have the capacity to cater the import glut. Otherwise i think the service business is a  cash cow with relatively little capital expenditure.

Im sure some one will set up a good center like what happened with BMW and the opportunity will be gone

Edited by Quiet

Vishwa Motors told me that engine oil needs to be changed for A1 1TFSI, every 7500KM or 6 months which ever comes first. But as per the 'https://www.audi.ca/content/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo/care-and-maintenance/Service-schedule-pdfs/EN/Model-Year-2017-English.pdf', it should be every 15000 KM or 1 year. Any idea about what does local Agents recommends for Q2s they have imported.

I was unable to connect SD cards and phone via Bluetooth to play MP3s. But phone got connected for calls. Guys at Vishwa Motors also unable to sort this out. Appreciate your advice on this as well.

Whether there is any place that I can extend my radio FM frequency to 108FM since I imported this from Japan.

Edited by ChamaraW

15 minutes ago, ChamaraW said:

Vishwa Motors told me that engine oil needs to be changed for A1 1TFSI, every 7500KM or 6 months which ever comes first. But as per the 'https://www.audi.ca/content/dam/nemo/ca/NoMo/care-and-maintenance/Service-schedule-pdfs/EN/Model-Year-2017-English.pdf', it should be every 15000 KM or 1 year. Any idea about what does local Agents recommends for Q2s they have imported.

Can't you just call up and ask them ? It is not like they are protecting some secret/proprietary information or anything so they should provide that information.

Edited by iRage

Another strict follower of the  user manual drafted for some other conditions. I have seen this trend among Suzuki Wagon R users where they use 0W20 in Sri Lanka and they argue that company is using wrong oil.

For VW group vehicles agent recommends changing oil at 7500km. This is based on our local condition and for the tropicalized version of this vehicle. However if you are not using the vehicle in severe traffic conditions you can extend it up to 10000km.

Since your vehicle is a gray import and manufactured to different conditions better to adhere with stringent service intervals and service it in 7500km or 12 months. 

The recommended oil for our conditions is 5W40 Castrol EDGE fully-synthetic. 

20 minutes ago, ChamaraW said:

Most of the Euros it is 15K or 1 year. You need to use manufacturer recommended oil (fully syntactic)

Some of the local agents go by 7500 / 6 months just to wash and clean your car and rip you off

Some go by servicing requirement for harsh conditions which is usually 7500 / 6 months, but when you really look at the criteria SL does not require them (unless you drive a taxi in the city)

As in your case there is not warranty requirement (I presume), save you money and the environment.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kush said:

Most of the Euros it is 15K or 1 year. You need to use manufacturer recommended oil (fully syntactic)

Some of the local agents go by 7500 / 6 months just to wash and clean your car and rip you off

Some go by servicing requirement for harsh conditions which is usually 7500 / 6 months, but when you really look at the criteria SL does not require them (unless you drive a taxi in the city)

As in your case there is not warranty requirement (I presume), save you money and the environment.

Appreciate your feedback

• 3 months later...

if u drive in Colombo in traffic a lot stick to the 7500km service interval but if u do get to the chance to put you foot down often 10000km is fine use an oil with the VW 502 00 specification just check up on the compatible oils usually ranges from 5w-30 to 10w-40 fully synthetics the spec is usually written at the back of the oil bottle I usually use mobil 1 0w40 on my Audi A1.I used to drive an e46 318i with extended oil change intervals of 15000km oil it did fine no sludge build up or any other issue but given that the available Audis in the market are either 1.0 or 1.4 and turbocharged the stresses on the engine oil is considerably higher so better to stick to a conservative oil change schedule and do use original oil filters As for a place to maintain Vishwa motors is adequately equipped to handle your vehicle and D*MO Bosch Centre is fine as they both carry either ODIS or VCDS tool for VAG car maintanance.

Edited by Praveen98

• 8 months later...

Could some people pls tell me that do we need to do a1 service within immediately after 1000km? Or do I need to follow the service notifications given in my MMI, which says next service is in 13000 KMs.

Some of my friends told me to do after 1000km. However, all of them use Japanese cars. And what is the place you all recommend to service? This is audi a1 s-line

Edited by Janakaw

• 2 months later...

Audi agents now carry out maintenance and repairs for personally imported vehicles as well. For Audi A5 initial service will be 70K and subsequent services will cost approx. 35K They give you the roadside assistance etc etc. I will be doing the initial service within next month.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quiet said:

Audi agents now carry out maintenance and repairs for personally imported vehicles as well. For Audi A5 initial service will be 70K and subsequent services will cost approx. 35K They give you the roadside assistance etc etc. I will be doing the initial service within next month.

This is great news. Thanks. Since when did they start this? Btw at what mileage are you doing the initial service?