• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

car shock absorber

akboselk

Question

Hi,

Vehicle : swift beetle

few days ago I found my rear shock absorber rubber cover has been broken. ( here i attached a picture below ).

Please Note : this is a six years old vehicle.

1) So should I replace entire shock absober  or is this rubber cover available as spare part ? What is the exact name of it ?

2) If yes to above, Should I do it immediately ?

Thanks all

car-shock1.jpg.d2800c1d300f80037347f81c5c929db9.jpg

1 answer to this question

That is just a shock absorber dust cover/boot. 

Breaking it is not the end of the world. However with time as mud/dust/etc get on the shaft it can (and will) wear out the shock.

Depends on which way you are looking at going....sometimes you can just buy the dust cover sometimes it comes only with the shock as a complete assembly manufacturer. But more often than not you are certain to find just a cover from third parties (or at least find one that closely matches the original).

As for whether you need new shocks....well...we don't know....it depends on the condition of your shocks and we can't (no one can) determine that just by the age of the car. So do you believe the shocks in your car are worn out ? If you think so...why do you think that ? If you give some symptoms we can tell you if it usually signifies worn out shocks or not.