• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Dayz recommendation

Noob-J

Question

Hi Guys,

Im with a budget around 27.5Laks and considering Daihatsu Mira ES and Nissan Dayz Highway Star X for options. I've had few recommendations towards mira but recently only i got to know about the Nissan Dayz. I personally prefer a Dayz over a Wagon R FX because of the more "car" looks of the Nissan Dayz. My main concerns are fuel economy, parts availability and resell value. I personally dont like the cheap looking interior of mira so Im a bit biased towards the Dayz. So if anyone of you own a Dayz or have knowledge of the car, please do let me know. What are the known issues and does it hold up to its claims regarding the fuel efficiency.

Your support is highly appreciated. TIA

Edited by Noob-J

8 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Noob-J said:

Hi Guys,

Im with a budget around 27.5Laks and considering Daihatsu Mira ES and Nissan Dayz Highway Star X for options. I've had few recommendations towards mira but recently only i got to know about the Nissan Dayz. I personally prefer a Dayz over a Wagon R FX because of the more "car" looks of the Nissan Dayz. My main concerns are fuel economy, parts availability and resell value. I personally dont like the cheap looking interior of mira so Im a bit biased towards the Dayz. So if anyone of you own a Dayz or have knowledge of the car, please do let me know. What are the known issues and does it hold up to its claims regarding the fuel efficiency.

Your support is highly appreciated. TIA

I dunno about the car, But that name itself is a big no no for me. 

Chick- what do u drive?

guy- Nissan Dayz Highway star X!

chick- ayyeh amma phone eka gatta, aye mata msg krnda epa. 

• Haha 6

Its a bit too early to know the "known issues" as these keis have very recently hit our shores. Issues will take a couple of years to reveal. If you expect manufacturers fuel figures in the shitty congested roads of SL you're in for a little shock ?.  Parts availability will depend on how popular the model is. And honestly given the rate people are buying keis i wouldn't really expect a second hand market like we had in the past.  The Sri Lankan car market is slowly entering the phase where cars are also like electrical items and are no longer appreciating assets.

P.S : The dayz and the Mitsubishi eK are related Afaik. @tiv might have an idea since he went kei hunting recently

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Its a bit too early to know the "known issues" as these keis have very recently hit our shores. Issues will take a couple of years to reveal. If you expect manufacturers fuel figures in the shitty congested roads of SL you're in for a little shock ?.  Parts availability will depend on how popular the model is. And honestly given the rate people are buying keis i wouldn't really expect a second hand market like we had in the past.  The Sri Lankan car market is slowly entering the phase where cars are also like electrical items and are no longer appreciating assets.

P.S : The dayz and the Mitsubishi eK are related Afaik. @tiv might have an idea since he went kei hunting recently

Yes same  car rebadged. parts are rare, as for reliability the platform hs been around the world a while, Its got lesser power than the suzuki keis but nice interior. The seating position and leg room is quite similar to a wagon R. The market for newer nissans are a bit on the drop anyhow. Take a look at the Mitsu EK as well, It shares some interior parts with 2010s Monteros lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Noob-J said:

Nissan Dayz Highway Star X 

The name of the car is Nissan Dayz. The grade is X, the package is Highway Star. the highway star range started with the MPVs. It usually has a few extra bells and whistles that make long haul drives a bit more plush.

9 hours ago, tiv said:

Yes same  car rebadged. parts are rare, as for reliability the platform hs been around the world a while, Its got lesser power than the suzuki keis but nice interior. The seating position and leg room is quite similar to a wagon R. The market for newer nissans are a bit on the drop anyhow. Take a look at the Mitsu EK as well, It shares some interior parts with 2010s Monteros lol. 

Not really fair to hold it against the Dayz. The NA variants are about 2hp lesser than the NA variants of Suzukis. The turbo variants are equally matched.

All of these kei cars have been around for ages. Sri Lankans are starting to hear about these cars only now because the tax system changed and car sales are bringing them over only now. Plenty of second hand keis (not the Hybrid Wagon R and stuff though) around in African countries as cheap run around vehicles. Those get completely hacked and still they run.

On 7/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, iRage said:

The name of the car is Nissan Dayz. The grade is X, the package is Highway Star. the highway star range started with the MPVs. It usually has a few extra bells and whistles that make long haul drives a bit more plush.

Not really fair to hold it against the Dayz. The NA variants are about 2hp lesser than the NA variants of Suzukis. The turbo variants are equally matched.

All of these kei cars have been around for ages. Sri Lankans are starting to hear about these cars only now because the tax system changed and car sales are bringing them over only now. Plenty of second hand keis (not the Hybrid Wagon R and stuff though) around in African countries as cheap run around vehicles. Those get completely hacked and still they run.

The deal was the ek wagon I checked ( zero mileage) was a bit slow in comparison to the Suzuki alto and the wagon r lastly the hustler. Most probably because it didn't have the ISG motor assist with aux battery. Those things are like electric turbos at times in these keis.

Yes..the electric motor does give a bit of an oomph....in fact in most Hybrids that is probably the fun part :). But it really isn't anything to hold against the Dayz...its a much nicer and pleasant car to be in than the Wagon R.

Hey @Gayantj, The Dayz has been discussed before and I've merged your thread with the original one. 

Appreciate if you can search the forum before opening new topics. 

Edited by Davy
Merged threads