• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Difference Between Honda Civic FD and FB series

Hi guys, i just want to know what is the difference between Honda civic FD and FB series? i searched the forum but couldn't find any answer for this. what are the differences other than the design? how about the fuel consumption?? 

Edited by rgranasinghe

FD is the 8th generation of civics and FB is the 9th generation.
FB has  Honda i-MID, USB, Multi-link Suspension , Projector Headlamps over the old FD series. Also different styling.

But IMO double Wishbone suspension in FD is considered superior than the multi-link

And FD has unique styling.
They say the FD series Typer R (FD2R) is the last real NA Typer R!
Also the 8th generation dashboard is just beautiful.

image.thumb.png.de8c08216f9e5cdcebb2e64c350839d7.pngImage result for FD2r stock photo

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rgranasinghe said:

What about the fuel consumption? both have same mileage or different?

Almost same mileage. It's the same R series engine.

But never buy a Honda if you are that concerned with fuel consumption. Buy a premio or Allion. 

There are times i get only 7kmpl with heavy footed driving in my FD1. But IMO the experience is worth that 1000 bucks of fuel! :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason_Bourne said:

Almost same mileage. It's the same R series engine.

But never buy a Honda if you are that concerned with fuel consumption. Buy a premio or Allion. 

There are times i get only 7kmpl with heavy footed driving in my FD1. But IMO the experience is worth that 1000 bucks of fuel! :)

Thanks For your information. FYI, this will be my first car and my first choice also was a honda civc. But just confused with FB and FD series and what should i pick.

13 minutes ago, rgranasinghe said:

Thanks For your information. FYI, this will be my first car and my first choice also was a honda civc. But just confused with FB and FD series and what should i pick.

well if you are okay with the styling and won't mind the price go for the FB!
( But be mindful FB is close to 5 mil now and the new Civic Turbo Hatch is only 6 mil. So it's a tough decision if you have money)

But If your budget is around 4mil and not beyond that buy a well maintained FD!
FD is anyway depreciated now so it will hold value. I'm using a FD1 for more than a year now and so far no complains. Just don't expect Toyota like fuel economy! 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 3:09 PM, amilaart said:

My FD1 best Fuel consumption as at now is - 12.32km/l Worse 8.94km/L

yes that's pretty achievable if you don't drive like a maniac lol. Best I've got is 15.14 kmpl on a round trip to Talaimannar! Overall trip was over 800 km (We went to wilpattu too)

• Like 1