• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best gear to drive viva elite

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2018 at 12:26 AM, Milinda perera said:

What is the best gear while driving viva elite automatic car?

It’s quite surprising for someone to ask a question like that. Any reason you asked that question?

In case you are new to driving just leave in “D” when you are driving forward. If you are new to driving also have a friend who is experienced in driving to give some advice do’s and don’t’s. If you try to ask very basic questions on this forum ppl might think you are joking and they would also give funny replies..??

BTW, hope you like your Elite, I too had one (a manual one) and really loved it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aamarakoon said:

Actually I have met few people who has no idea about A/T. Some think that 1 & 2 are for city driving !

That is definitely a no no for city driving..!! Just leave it on 'D'.

As far as I can imagine that is to be used on really aggressive down hill to get some help from engine breaking. I've seen warning boards in some countries to use lower gear. For sure it apply for trucks with heavy loads but not sure it makes lot of difference for cars. But I haven't used that on an automatic gear vehicle. Driving a manual gear down hill definitely no one use a high gear. Below are some examples i've seen;

918327c2c57016b8b079fb8058c58165.jpg

main-qimg-9f00efa9c35b76edd37dc9efce93d9e6.png

I've also heard that its good to shift to 'N' when you are in stand still in traffic for some time to reduce the pressure on torque converter.  I've tried shifting to 'N' few times and ended up forgetting that and reving in 'N'.. So I gave up that.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:13 PM, kmeeg said:

I've also heard that its good to shift to 'N' when you are in stand still in traffic for some time to reduce the pressure on torque converter.  I've tried shifting to 'N' few times and ended up forgetting that and reving in 'N'.. So I gave up that.

Why, putting to P while taking a fast turn makes you a Drift King :)

• Haha 1