• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Viva elite sevice

JMahesh

I have a viva elite (Auto) with mileage 39000. user manual says to change auto transmission oil and do an engine  tune up at 40000km.is it ok to run another 4000kms without doing these.reason is i cant afford to do these at the moment.

thanks in advance.

The tune-up can wait if the car is running smooth but you don't actually know the condition of the ATF and if something seriously goes wrong with the ATF, you do face a fairly big repair.

ATF change for a Viva is actually a DIY job according to this site. You don't need to take it to the agents if that's your concern. Viva uses a Dexron III type ATF,  which is one of the most common ATF types and available in many brands including Toyota, Mobil, Castrol, Caltex etc. One suggestion I can make, is to take it to a good service centre and get the ATF changed. Just check whether there are any filters that need to be changed along with it. Your user manual will say so. 

If that is also not affordable right now, I really wouldn't lose sleep over running an extra 4,000km as it is. Just be aware that the risk will keep increasing with the mileage.

• Thanks 2