• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Euro 4 & Compatible Engines

C Perera

Euro 4 is an Emission standard and its not a fuel standard. Ultimately Engine emission  should comply it.  

However its stipulated minimum specifications for fuels as well. 

That regulation will be applicable to vehicles importing from 1st July 2018 onward (Not sure about the implementation :laughing-smiley-002:). 

Edited by gayanath
Spelling mistake corrected

12 hours ago, gayanath said:

Euro 4 is an Emission stranded and its not a fuel stranded. Ultimately Engine emission  should comply it. 

seriously dude, How can engine emission "comply" with Euro 4 fuel?   Even a makabass knows how fuel quality affects emissions,and that higher fuel quality is needed to achieve higher emissions standards even with a brand new engine. If you write some random theory that comes to your mind ,please provide resources,maybe based on your experience regarding Engine  and Emissions  design and testing(I doubt if you have any).

10 hours ago, vag2 said:

seriously dude, How can engine emission "comply" with Euro 4 fuel?   Even a makabass knows how fuel quality affects emissions,and that higher fuel quality is needed to achieve higher emissions standards even with a brand new engine. If you write some random theory that comes to your mind ,please provide resources,maybe based on your experience regarding Engine  and Emissions  design and testing(I doubt if you have any).

:laughing-smiley-002: :laughing-smiley-002: 

Seems you didn't read what I have written (or may be my bad on English writing than you professor ?) . 

Reading OP's question and his previous posts, what I noted is he is confused with the news of Euro 4 application in SL. So thought to elaborate it more rather than saying just yes or no. 

Note: Reading your previous posts also in AL, its clearly evident you are having personal issues with people. May be you have something extra or missing than us in personality. 

12 hours ago, vag2 said:

Euro 4 is an Emission stranded and its not a fuel stranded. Ultimately Engine emission  should comply it. 

LOL, we are all so Stranded by this self proclaimed TV expert(sattharakaraya?)  who doesn't even write Standard correctly when he is giving expert opinions  about Standards to others without any scientific facts or Automotive experience. What are your educational or professional qualifications in the Automotive field that you are able to say Fuel quality is not important to fulfil emission standards?  Please post some links or excerpts from Journals to back your new "Discovery".

1 hour ago, gayanath said:

Note: Reading your previous posts also in AL, its clearly evident you are having personal issues with people. May be you have something extra or missing than us in personality. 

:laughing-smiley-002: :laughing-smiley-002:

14 minutes ago, vag2 said:

LOL, we are all so Stranded by this self proclaimed TV expert(sattharakaraya?)  who doesn't even write Standard correctly when he is giving expert opinions  about Standards to others without any scientific facts or Automotive experience. What are your educational or professional qualifications in the Automotive field that you are able to say Fuel quality is not important to fulfil emission standards?  Please post some links or excerpts from Journals to back your new "Discovery".

Mission Accomplished............................

You proved........

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Vehicles-not-up-to-Euro-four-standard-banned-from-today-152068.html

http://www.dailymirror.lk/plus/article/Euro-four-aims-to-check-environment-pollution--151944.html

There you go.. News paper articles which describes what has happened.

Apparently; they have banned importing vehicles that does not include safety features such as ABS, Air Bags and Three point seat belts as well as vehicles that does not meet the Euro 4 emission standards. 

Consequently; importing fuel that meets the Euro 4 standard has already started as per the article.. 

I don't think the Axio hybrid will have any issues with complying with this standard. Wonder what will happen to all the Tuk Tuks and Maruti's in future.

Edited by LashNeo

33 minutes ago, LashNeo said:

I don't think the Axio hybrid will have any issues with complying with this standard. Wonder what will happen to all the Tuk Tuks and Maruti's in future.

There might be an issue with quite a lot of Japanese cars actually....I think some thresholds for JDM cars are slightly higher. eg. CO target is 1.15 g/km (max of 1.92 g/km). Now most cars state it is X% better than the standard...but knowing our guys its going to be a bit of a mess at the beginning. 

48 minutes ago, LashNeo said:

Wonder what will happen to all the Tuk Tuks and Maruti's in future.

CO2 reduction is a challenge for petrol engines. Diesels are more efficient and fulfill CO2 targets easier. But Particle Matter, Nox treatment is challenging for Euro4  and upwards diesels(now EU countries are discussing to ban  <Euro6 from City limits).

Emission-regulation-Euro-6.png

So none of the the TATA,Leyland diesel vehicles should be allowed to import, when implementing Euro4 strictly as in European countries. They have no exhaust gas treatment components like Lamda,DPF,DeNOX,SOC which you find in European Buses and Trucks since 10-15 years.

Edited by vag2