• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaks Getting stuck after car wash

Quiet

19 minutes ago, Quiet said:

It’s a new car just 1000Km that is my concern and it’s an Audi

Its normal, it happens when the disks get wet and dry with the hand break on! Leave the handbreak off if possible, or gently move the tires with the foot when parked. You should be ok! Audi or maruti doesn’t matter, it happens in all of them!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

Audi or maruti doesn’t matter, it happens in all of them!

I had this issue with my Belta (ex-car) but not with the Lancer - and both cars have rear drum brakes... wonder why. 

Had to tap the drum with a wrench to get it unstuck so I drove 5-6kms after each wash to ensure it doesn't get stuck next morning 

I'd say it's more obvious in some than others. On cars that have rear disc brakes with a caliper for the handbrake (common or separate), this issue would be quite obvious as the handbrake pads and rotor surface is exposed to water.

Some cars have a separate drum in the centre part of the rear rotor, and that's where the handbrake system is housed. It would be less obvious or non existent on these kind of systems and of course on cars that have rear drum brakes.