• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Number Plate Province Change

Stryker

I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.. but

i am currently in the process of buying a used car, which is registered in Kandy... hence number plate shows CP

I reside in Colombo, so i was wondering is it possible to get the number changed from CP to WP?

Edited by Davy
Changed to a meaningful topic name, Added tags to help searching

I did the same when I bought my car. It was registered in Colombo and got it changed to CP. you will need to pay a transfer fee at dept of motor traffic

• Like 1

There is cage, asking the relevant province in the ownership transferring application. So it can do easily. You need to pay extra for plates. According to my memory it is 3k.

i had to change the plate from WP to CP. When you go to dept of motor traffic to change the CR to your name, they will arrange to swap the plates as well. Just notify them to be sure. after about two three weeks you will be notified to collect your new plates from the district secretariat office.

Edited by BlueRaiden

2 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

There is cage, asking the relevant province in the ownership transferring application. So it can do easily. You need to pay extra for plates. According to my memory it is 3k.

Correct!

You should handover the old plates+Sticker on the day you receive  new set.

As said above this can be done easily. I did a province change from WP to CP for my Vitz around 2 years back. Cost me around 10k for the complete task, which included cost for new plates and some transfer tax as the transfer was done within 5 years of first registration.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, jude11 said:

I bought a vehicle from Southern province and I want to convert it to Western Province. Can someone please advice me how to do this?

Hi Jude, 

I have merged your topic with an existing one that already have the information you want. For further information, please search the forum as this has been discussed several times before. 

Example:

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...