• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

JagaT

WHICH octane for VITZ?

Hi, I recently bought a VITZ 1000cc - 2016 car. Please advice me which octane (92 or 95) is better for the car?

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, JagaT said:

Hi, I recently bought a VITZ 1000cc - 2016 car. Please advice me which octane (92 or 95) is better for the car?

Don't pay 11 rupees extra just for two letters which give nothing for your context. 

Using a fuel of a higher octain than specified by the manufacturer is useless,.. save the money.

Enjoy your car.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, JagaT said:

Higher the Octane rating better the anti-knocking property!

Though Octane 95 is encouraged, it is NOT worth the money you additionally pay comparing the Octane 92.

No immediate visible difference.

Therefore, Octane 92 is worth the price.

Most of the times, it depends on the compression ratio of the engine.

Read this thread.

Compression ratio & Octane rating

• Like 1

I remember reading in the manual that it needs above octane 88. I initially used 95 and later switched to 92. There is no difference in mileage as far as I could see or any visible effect on driving.

At least the fuel station is benefitting.  😊

Edited by Twin Turbo

On 6/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, JagaT said:

I know that it doesn't do anything extra with OCT 95, but many years back when we had a mass issue with poor quality fuel I got lucky pumping OCT 95 where many of my friends had to spend a fortune to fix their cars who pumped OCT 92 that came with bad quality.