• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

JagaT

WHICH octane for VITZ?

Hi, I recently bought a VITZ 1000cc - 2016 car. Please advice me which octane (92 or 95) is better for the car?

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, JagaT said:

Hi, I recently bought a VITZ 1000cc - 2016 car. Please advice me which octane (92 or 95) is better for the car?

Don't pay 11 rupees extra just for two letters which give nothing for your context. 

Posted (edited)

Using a fuel of a higher octain than specified by the manufacturer is useless,.. save the money.

Enjoy your car.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, JagaT said:

Higher the Octane rating better the anti-knocking property!

Though Octane 95 is encouraged, it is NOT worth the money you additionally pay comparing the Octane 92.

No immediate visible difference.

Therefore, Octane 92 is worth the price.

Most of the times, it depends on the compression ratio of the engine.

Read this thread.

Compression ratio & Octane rating

• Like 1

I remember reading in the manual that it needs above octane 88. I initially used 95 and later switched to 92. There is no difference in mileage as far as I could see or any visible effect on driving.

Posted (edited)

At least the fuel station is benefitting.  ?

Edited by Twin Turbo

On 6/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, JagaT said:

I know that it doesn't do anything extra with OCT 95, but many years back when we had a mass issue with poor quality fuel I got lucky pumping OCT 95 where many of my friends had to spend a fortune to fix their cars who pumped OCT 92 that came with bad quality. 

I have some problem regarding that. I heard that Toyota Wigo and Vitz are using the same engine. So Toyota Lanka recommends to use OCT 95 for Wingo. Since Wigo and Vitz use the same engine, is it need to use OCT 95 for Vitz?

1 hour ago, hml said:

I have some problem regarding that. I heard that Toyota Wigo and Vitz are using the same engine. So Toyota Lanka recommends to use OCT 95 for Wingo. Since Wigo and Vitz use the same engine, is it need to use OCT 95 for Vitz?

Wigo engine has a compression ratio of 11:1 so it needs Octane 95. Although the engine designs may be same, the compression ratios can differ.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, kmeeg said:

I know that it doesn't do anything extra with OCT 95, but many years back when we had a mass issue with poor quality fuel I got lucky pumping OCT 95 where many of my friends had to spend a fortune to fix their cars who pumped OCT 92 that came with bad quality. 

This can happen to 95 as well, poor quality had nothing to do with octane rating

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Wigo engine has a compression ratio of 11:1 so it needs Octane 95. Although the engine designs may be same, the compression ratios can differ.

When you pump 92 if the engine does not knock, no change in power or economy your car does not need high octane

Just go through your manual and check the fuel requirement if you are not sure

Regular fuel in Japan is 89 octane or above I'm sure your vitz will be ok with 92

I am using vitz 2015 car and i purchsed it recently.i used 93 octane petrol at IOC filling station.the car was knocking when travel at speeds at 20-40 kmph.then i pumped 95 pertol from cepetco.then only the engine missing stopped and now the running is very smooth.so dont use low octane petrol from I-C fuel stations

22 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

I am using vitz 2015 car and i purchsed it recently.i used 93 octane petrol at IOC filling station.the car was knocking when travel at speeds at 20-40 kmph.then i pumped 95 pertol from cepetco.then only the engine missing stopped and now the running is very smooth.so dont use low octane petrol from I-C fuel stations

I had an egg bun from Pere*a and Sons today. It had a bad taste. Then I had a Maalupaan from Silva and Sons next door. It tasted good.

So don't eat egg bun from Pere*a and Sons anymore.

I hope you got the analogy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

A made up story or a quality issue in particular lot ..... :laughing-smiley-002:

Nothing to deal with Octane number........

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, hml said:

Vitz uses 1KR-FE

Wigo uses 1KR-VE (higher compression ratio and the same engine as Axia facelift and Bezza)

92 is enough for vitz but not for Wigo

• Like 1

If you are curious about the fuel economy, it doesn't matter 95 or 92.

Data:

Vitz 2017

40/60 - Highway/Regular Roads

Highlighted - Refilled to full tank on halfway

Capture.PNG.0e539c2089a2535f6459eb9d813279ce.png