• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

WHICH octane for VITZ?

JagaT

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, JagaT said:

Hi, I recently bought a VITZ 1000cc - 2016 car. Please advice me which octane (92 or 95) is better for the car?

Don't pay 11 rupees extra just for two letters which give nothing for your context. 

On 6/22/2018 at 11:03 AM, JagaT said:

Hi, I recently bought a VITZ 1000cc - 2016 car. Please advice me which octane (92 or 95) is better for the car?

Higher the Octane rating better the anti-knocking property!

Though Octane 95 is encouraged, it is NOT worth the money you additionally pay comparing the Octane 92.

No immediate visible difference.

Therefore, Octane 92 is worth the price.

Most of the times, it depends on the compression ratio of the engine.

Read this thread.

Compression ratio & Octane rating

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 11:33 PM, JagaT said:

I know that it doesn't do anything extra with OCT 95, but many years back when we had a mass issue with poor quality fuel I got lucky pumping OCT 95 where many of my friends had to spend a fortune to fix their cars who pumped OCT 92 that came with bad quality. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have some problem regarding that. I heard that Toyota Wigo and Vitz are using the same engine. So Toyota Lanka recommends to use OCT 95 for Wingo. Since Wigo and Vitz use the same engine, is it need to use OCT 95 for Vitz?

1 hour ago, hml said:

I have some problem regarding that. I heard that Toyota Wigo and Vitz are using the same engine. So Toyota Lanka recommends to use OCT 95 for Wingo. Since Wigo and Vitz use the same engine, is it need to use OCT 95 for Vitz?

Wigo engine has a compression ratio of 11:1 so it needs Octane 95. Although the engine designs may be same, the compression ratios can differ.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 10:29 PM, kmeeg said:

I know that it doesn't do anything extra with OCT 95, but many years back when we had a mass issue with poor quality fuel I got lucky pumping OCT 95 where many of my friends had to spend a fortune to fix their cars who pumped OCT 92 that came with bad quality. 

This can happen to 95 as well, poor quality had nothing to do with octane rating

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Wigo engine has a compression ratio of 11:1 so it needs Octane 95. Although the engine designs may be same, the compression ratios can differ.

When you pump 92 if the engine does not knock, no change in power or economy your car does not need high octane

Just go through your manual and check the fuel requirement if you are not sure

Regular fuel in Japan is 89 octane or above I'm sure your vitz will be ok with 92

• 2 months later...

I am using vitz 2015 car and i purchsed it recently.i used 93 octane petrol at IOC filling station.the car was knocking when travel at speeds at 20-40 kmph.then i pumped 95 pertol from cepetco.then only the engine missing stopped and now the running is very smooth.so dont use low octane petrol from I-C fuel stations

22 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

I am using vitz 2015 car and i purchsed it recently.i used 93 octane petrol at IOC filling station.the car was knocking when travel at speeds at 20-40 kmph.then i pumped 95 pertol from cepetco.then only the engine missing stopped and now the running is very smooth.so dont use low octane petrol from I-C fuel stations

I had an egg bun from Pere*a and Sons today. It had a bad taste. Then I had a Maalupaan from Silva and Sons next door. It tasted good.

So don't eat egg bun from Pere*a and Sons anymore.

I hope you got the analogy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, tcfern1 said:

A made up story or a quality issue in particular lot ..... :laughing-smiley-002:

Nothing to deal with Octane number........

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 3:14 PM, hml said:

Vitz uses 1KR-FE

Wigo uses 1KR-VE (higher compression ratio and the same engine as Axia facelift and Bezza)

92 is enough for vitz but not for Wigo

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Nothing scientific, neither long term, just one instance, 

the vitz we just got was not smooth at all, came with like 1000 bucks of 92,

finished that till reserve and tried 95, again 1000 bucks

there was a noticeable reduction in sound, vibration and pickup improved and felt smoother. Yet to investigate though

My experience with following vehicles on 90 later 92 against 95 no noticeable effect on economy or performance.

Lancer CS1, March K11, Lancer EX (1.5), Toyota Corolla 141, Swift 1.2 L, Honda CRV 2.0, Honda Fit GP5, Kia Picanto, Wagon R FZ

Only on the lancer CS1 I have noticed slight engine knock from stand still under full throttle but this was when it was 90 octane

Not exactly the same car, ended up getting the money and immediately purchasing a personal import car, unreg and genuine mileage with jevic/ auction docs etc from a colleague ,

same colour and a bit higher mileage though. 

And thanks!

Edited by tiv