• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying vehicle for government officers permit

War_Emp

1 minute ago, Indrajeedez said:

The problem is we end up complaining but nobody rarely takes any proactive action against it. 

I'm not sure about doctors. Some are dedicated as you said.  But yeah the other medical professional actually keep the wards going and the people alive. They do a tremendous amount of work. I don't think that can even be measured in monetary terms. 

See...there is a no clear cut answer....one can always find justification for another party to get the same benefits. The ideal would be to get rid of it and actually come up with a sustainable and consistent framework that is fair for all. But that won't happen because the government will not be that selfless. How many times have politicians come in to power saying no more luxury cars ? But still....we have a government that opted spending billions on cars as opposed to helping people suffering after a natural disaster...as a first step we need to start measuring people for WHO they are as instead of all this superficial bs (like what they are and what they drive..etc...)...in away it seems to be our colonial mindset.

those who request vehicle permits majority were doctors. i don't heard any other professional asking for permit. Doctors always try to do is upscale there life style over other professions , They always maintain monopolistic behavior in society  by step down others. Permit is on of the weapon they used for diversification, 

This time they manage to get nearly 5 million tax exception even MBBS doctor with 5 years working. think how much tax income lost for government. Finally those all losses should paid by innocent people while paying doctor fee to same doctor,.

90 % of doctors  those work eligible for permits were sold their permit and earn near 4 million as well.

what a country is this. because of this kind of stuff middle class of srilanka step down to lower class and top level class growth more and more. Shame on Sri Lanka

• Like 3

On 6/19/2018 at 10:07 AM, Indrajeedez said:

<SNIP>

Some are dedicated as you said.  But yeah the other medical professional actually keep the wards going and the people alive. They do a tremendous amount of work. I don't think that can even be measured in monetary terms. 

Dude... again you are missing the point. Keeping people alive and keeping the wards going is the profession they choose. That's what they are getting paid (very well) for. 

While we talk about keeping people alive, there's one profession that's keeping you and me alive today to argue on the Internet about permits. Without them, most of us will be in an economic crisis, millions will be dying from malnutrition, a dollar will cost 300 rupees or even more, a kilo of rice will be another 300 rupees, onions, potato, dhal etc. will cost another 300 rupees and probably petrol will cost even more due to the country not being able to meet its balance of payment.

They are the housemaids who are being slaved in the middle east. Their remittances is what's keeping this country alive by keeping the dollar in check and prices of imports in check, thus preventing the country from going in to an economic crisis and saving millions of people from malnutrition and subsequent death. They are the Hans that's keeping the Dike from collapsing (if you know the story). 

So don't they deserve permits more than the doctors and the civil servants?

In case you forgot, let me come back to my original point. No profession should be treated preferentially, because every hard working man,woman and child, be it a doctor, housemaid, naataami, software engineer, tower rigger, bus driver are keeping this country (you and me) alive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Dude... again you are missing the point. Keeping people alive and keeping the wards going is the profession they choose. That's what they are getting paid (very well) for. 

While we talk about keeping people alive, there's one profession that's keeping you and me alive today to argue on the Internet about permits. Without them, most of us will be in an economic crisis, millions will be dying from malnutrition, a dollar will cost 300 rupees or even more, a kilo of rice will be another 300 rupees, onions, potato, dhal etc. will cost another 300 rupees and probably petrol will cost even more due to the country not being able to meet its balance of payment.

They are the housemaids who are being slaved in the middle east. Their remittances is what's keeping this country alive by keeping the dollar in check and prices of imports in check, thus preventing the country from going in to an economic crisis and saving millions of people from malnutrition and subsequent death. They are the Hans that's keeping the Dike from collapsing (if you know the story). 

So don't they deserve permits more than the doctors and the civil servants?

In case you forgot, let me come back to my original point. No profession should be treated preferentially, because every hard working man,woman and child, be it a doctor, housemaid, naataami, software engineer, tower rigger, bus driver are keeping this country (you and me) alive.

I did not categorically state that to say they deserve the permit or any other thing. By medical professionals i did not mean the Doctors anyway. I just meant the nurses and the associated staff who does not get due recognition most of the time.  It was just a statement and nothing more than that.

As for the second statement, there might be differing opinions on that. With underdeveloped markets, there might be viable options which are not being actually looked at. Anyway we rarely take capital markets seriously in this strange country. 

As for staying alive, you seem to take a very functional perspective on it. Good in a way. But yeah what we are talking about here is just mere rhetorical discourse within a rather messed up system which will amount to nothing. In reality, there will be preferential treatment everywhere. It is wrong-so change-how-ideological revolution-period.  Maybe someday, a certain amount of non elitist civil society activism  might spring up from the margins...hopefully that is. 

Edited by Indrajeedez
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 10:00 PM, Crosswind said:

Only concern I have is preferential treatment of a profession.

Then, what is your stand for paying, 

2xx,xxx salary + Vehicle + Housing allowance ++  to a Director and only a 4x,xxx salary to an Administrative assistant who are working same number of hours during the day in same office. Different treatments ......

Is it a human right violation?. 

Note: I have no favor on permits and not entitled for a permit. But we are in Sri Lanka......

1 hour ago, gayanath said:

Then, what is your stand for paying, 

2xx,xxx salary + Vehicle + Housing allowance ++  to a Director and only a 4x,xxx salary to an Administrative assistant who are working same number of hours during the day in same office. Different treatments ......

Note: I have no favor on permits and not entitled for a permit. But we are in Sri Lanka......

Man... u must be the dumbest idiot this planet has ever ever produced... 

• Haha 2

On 6/23/2018 at 2:33 PM, gayanath said:

I was having a tough day at work and I needed a bit of humor....then i saw this.. Thanks Man ???