• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car for 2.4 million or bit less

Fellus, i hav a plan to buy Viva elite 2011/12 or Toyota passo 2007/8 or Susuki Celario 2014/15. So, tell me what would be the best for my family use. Thank u and u r thoughts are most welcome.

And further update for me whts the diffence between this Wagan R with earlier senergy model and new hybrid model. Becus there are Wagan R 2014/15 models also within my range as u r suggestions..

Edited by Tharanga De Saram

1. Viva Elite

2. Passo

3. Celerio

However always base your buying on specimen - don't limit yourself to one particular model explore a few and if you see a mint condition specimen go for it. Always keep your options open.

Edited by matroska

1 hour ago, Tharanga De Saram said:

Fellus, i hav a plan to buy Viva elite 2011/12 or Toyota passo 2007/8 or Susuki Celario 2014/15. So, tell me what would be the best for my family use. Thank u and u r thoughts are most welcome.

Like matro said, go for a car in good condition.. I can give you my presea if you are interested as I'm selling it

• Haha 1

voting for Elite just coz I own one.

But one thing to tell you if have not already noticed, there are reconditioned Japanese Kei Cars (such as Daihatsu Mira, Toyota Pixis, Suzuki Alto and the famous Wagon R) flooding into the country these days and these can be purchased within your budget. The only difference is that these have 660cc engines as opposed to the 1000cc engines in the models you have mentioned in your post. Then again Viva Elite is also based on a Daihatsu Kei car platform (Mira L250) but with a bigger 1000cc engine. You have a plethora of hatchbacks to choose within the 2.4 M budget, be it Kei cars, 1000cc cars, used or reconditioned. So it all comes down to your choice. 

Like others said, focus on the quality of the particular unit of car you're planning to buy. Most of these are fuel-efficient cars designed for city driving and have similar qualities. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tharanga De Saram said:

Yes, i am very much agree with u...u hav given me a good insight into buying a best car within my budget ....yes i hav considered the Wagan R too...but time being i am having concern on those three and specially Viva and Passo...thank u very much....for u r valuable thoughts ....

You're welcome. I have been using the elite for some years and know in-and-out of it well, you can ask me if you have questions regarding the elite. 

Regarding the Passo 2007/08 there is a saying in the market that Passo's AC system is prone to problems quite often. However, I don't have first-hand experience with it. 

15 hours ago, Tharanga De Saram said:

Thx brother, sorry i am looking for a hatchback..since my wife would also use for domestic purposes...anyway. ...thx again..for u r thoughts...

See @PreseaLover... a presea is not useful even for domestic purposes. You can't even use the damn thing as a cutting board or a coconut scraper :D

no offense to @Tharanga De Saram

• Haha 3