• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

a good personal car for 1M?

dkay

Question

Guys, help needed!

suggest me a good car for my personal use. budget is around 1M. and this is gonna be my first car. thinking about getting Hyundai sonata, accent or elantra. i'm not sure about my choice so expecting an expert advice.

Thank you!

2 answers to this question

HI AND WELCOME TO AL.?

Two words,.. Used Car. the very words send shivers through my spine.Having said that,countless motorists call them daily drives.

But for your budget, you'll get a usable car with lots of work to do. Be prepared to spend a little , get nu tyres, go to a trusted mechanical garage and get a full checkup. and get the car insured before putting it on the road,..

Wish you good luck and happy motoring. !?

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

52 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Used Car. the very words send shivers through my spine.

Well see TT majority of Sri Lankans are not privileged (like you?) to afford brand new rides. Hence most of us buy used cars - either used locally or by some Jap  or a grumpy old British. ?I guess most of us not only CALL them daily drives but actually drive them daily without too much hassle.

4 hours ago, dkay said:

Guys, help needed!

suggest me a good car for my personal use. budget is around 1M. and this is gonna be my first car. thinking about getting Hyundai sonata, accent or elantra. i'm not sure about my choice so expecting an expert advice.

Thank you!

Back to OPs topic:  Koreans at this budget (specially the Accent ) are not as solid as of later korean models. You will see that the interior detiorates quickly. If you find a good specimen by all means go for it. But I suggest you have a look at older Japanese cars as well they have amazing build quality compared to Koreans. Something like a 1992/3 Mazda Familia /Ford Laser is a solid choice. The legendary Trad Sunny (B12) or if you're lucky a good B13 are good options to look out for. There were 3/4 threads recently discussing these options so if you do a search you might find more opinions.

P.S : Proton Wira is also in your budget but their interior tends to decay pretty quickly a litte bit like the accent.other than that since its a Mitsubishi Lancer clone it should be mechanically ok.