• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alto 2017 new perchase. Help me.

Geethike

Question

Im planing to buy a Suzuki Alto 2017. Im more interested in modern facilities (internal comfort, hybrid feature and etc.), design, fuel consumption and future market value of the car. Can u compare the car I mentioned with other alternatives. My budget is around 2.5 mil.

9 answers to this question

If you can increase budget to upto 2.8mil you can go for Suzuki Wagon R 2017 (non FZ and Stingray versions) or a Suzuki Spacia 2016 (can get 2017 but with more mileage) or Suzuki Huslter 2017 or Daihatsu Mira 2017 (Rebadged Toyota Pixis)

In terms of comfort - Wagon R and Spacia are the best.

in terms of features and fuel consumption - i think Wagon R, Spacia, and the Japan Alto are almost the same. Alto will do slightly better but not a big difference.  Wagon R has better interior in my opinion.

In terms of resale value, all of the above will initially depreciate because when you register a vehicle the first time price will drop.  But resale value will be stable for 1 or 2 lakhs below the same unregistered car price for some time. Unless government makes any tax changes.. who knows maybe resale value can even go up?

If you're budget is strictly 2.5m you can buy the above mentioned vehicles either 2015/2016 year instead of 2017.

Note - my brother in law works for a car sale and i have driven all of the above mentioned vehicles. if you are looking for a place to buy from please feel free to contact me. they specialize in only small cars.

All I can say is the same thing...

1. The cars have been discussed. Please SEARCH the forum !!! That way we don't repeat the same thing over and over again.

2. It is sad that we Sri Lankans buy cars thinking of who will be buying it after us....one down fall of it is people end up buying cars they can't afford and/or end up being miserable with the car they have and don't care to maintain it.

3. At the end of the day any car that has been properly and honestly taken care of and priced reasonably will get sold ! No one has or has ever come across anyone who is stuck with a car for eternity. People who say they couldn't sell their average car easily says so because they either maintained it like crap or priced it hoping they can make a profit or sell at the same price they bought it for.

4. A car is a depreciating asset. 

5. Its the other way around...the Toyota Pixis is a rebadged Daihatsu.

11 hours ago, Stryker said:

If you can increase budget to upto 2.8mil you can go for Suzuki Wagon R 2017 (non FZ and Stingray versions) or a Suzuki Spacia 2016 (can get 2017 but with more mileage) or Suzuki Huslter 2017 or Daihatsu Mira 2017 (Rebadged Toyota Pixis)

• Like 3

I do have an alto 2015 for sale if  you are interested you could contact me. Even if not you can raise any question ill answer you out. As mentioned above there alto of people who these days do not care for there vehicles as required but still you find a decent crowd who does.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:46 AM, iRage said:

3. At the end of the day any car that has been properly and honestly taken care of and priced reasonably will get sold ! No one has or has ever come across anyone who is stuck with a car for eternity. People who say they couldn't sell their average car easily says so because they either maintained it like crap or priced it hoping they can make a profit or sell at the same price they bought it for.

Totally agree. When i put my Ford Mondeo for sale (which is considered to be a nightmare to sell and which i purchased against the warnings from everyone) i got a confirmed buyer which offerd me more than 2+ laks of my initial purchase price. Funny thing is even after i took an advance from him, 2 other genuine buyers was offering me 1lak more than the confirmed buyers  to get the car.  Sold the car to the original offer.  The car being advertised ted below market price and being the full spec Giha model add to it.  Bottom line is, if its a genuine car you will be able to sell it.

To answer the original question. being driven in both cars (Pickme) ld gladly put my money on a Wagon R.  More space to move around, comparatively less shakiness. To be honest with you, felt indian Alto Lxi is more roomier and comfier than Japanese Alto.

On 6/16/2018 at 8:36 PM, Stryker said:

In terms of comfort - Wagon R and Spacia are the best.

in terms of features and fuel consumption - i think Wagon R, Spacia, and the Japan Alto are almost the same. Alto will do slightly better but not a big difference.  Wagon R has better interior in my opinion.

In terms of resale value, all of the above will initially depreciate because when you register a vehicle the first time price will drop.  But resale value will be stable for 1 or 2 lakhs below the same unregistered car price for some time. Unless government makes any tax changes.. who knows maybe resale value can even go up?

If you're budget is strictly 2.5m you can buy the above mentioned vehicles either 2015/2016 year instead of 2017.

Note - my brother in law works for a car sale and i have driven all of the above mentioned vehicles. if you are looking for a place to buy from please feel free to contact me. they specialize in only small cars.

Is Mira a good vehicle. It looks better than the boxy altos. But is it having the same fuel economy? And the available 2017 non ES Mira is 2.4mil. Can I have details about the car?

4 hours ago, Geethike said:

Is Mira a good vehicle. It looks better than the boxy altos. But is it having the same fuel economy? And the available 2017 non ES Mira is 2.4mil. Can I have details about the car?

Mira ES gives Almost Same Fuel economy as similar range Suzuki Alto. I am Using a Mira ES 2016. But Interior is full of Plastics. but lots of spacious.. 

6 hours ago, Geethike said:

I pumped 1500Rs petrol for a 2017 one and went to Galle from and back (on the highway) and there was still enough petrol left to do another 50+km.... that is roughly the same as my 3rd gen Prius..

It is a non-hyrbid.. just a regular car.

car ride is a bit stiff for me, and interior is not that great.. (plastic feels cheap compared to wagon r) ,

but brakes were reallly good. Wagon R computer is bit sluggish especially the ones with the anti collision crap installed..

if you decide to go for the Mira, get the Pixis instead as it would be easy to resell anything with a Toyota badge...just my opinion..

check these out

Edited by Stryker