• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best choice for an Auto SUV/Car

Zinger

Question

Hello experts,

I'm interested in buying a COMPACT auto 4WD SUV/car (something that would fit well with the small roads and parking spaces in Sri Lanka).

I would prefer a vehicle which would give me a smooth and a comfortable ride on regular tarmac roads and an effective drive when I'm off-roading or riding through potholes.
It also needs to have a clear and an elevated view of the road.

My budget is under 4 million LKR for a new/reconditioned vehicle. So far, the only car that seems to fit my requirements is the Suzuki Jimny 2 Door.

Please let me know what you think. I would very much appreciate your suggestions on this topic!

So to summarize, I'm looking for a car with the following requirements:-

- 4WD
- Auto Transmission
- Compact Body
- 4 Seater
- Smooth / Comfortable ride on regular roads
- Good for occasional off-roading
- A Vehicle with a Clear / Elevated View of the Road
- Under 4 million LKR
- Preferably New or Reconditioned (Used is fine too)

Thank you so much guys!
I'm looking forward to hearing your responses.

Dave

Edited by Zinger

On 6/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, Zinger said:

Hello experts,

I'm interested in buying a COMPACT auto 4WD SUV/car (something that would fit well with the small roads and parking spaces in Sri Lanka).

I would prefer a vehicle which would give me a smooth and a comfortable ride on regular tarmac roads and an effective drive when I'm off-roading or riding through potholes.
It also needs to have a clear and an elevated view of the road.

My budget is under 4 million LKR for a new/reconditioned vehicle. So far, the only car that seems to fit my requirements is the Suzuki Jimny 2 Door.

Please let me know what you think. I would very much appreciate your suggestions on this topic!

So to summarize, I'm looking for a car with the following requirements:-

- 4WD
- Auto Transmission
- Compact Body
- 4 Seater
- Smooth / Comfortable ride on regular roads
- Good for occasional off-roading
- A Vehicle with a Clear / Elevated View of the Road
- Under 4 million LKR
- Preferably New or Reconditioned (Used is fine too)

Thank you so much guys!
I'm looking forward to hearing your responses.

Dave

If you are interested there is a used terios imported brand new. Call Pradeep on 0773131037

@matroska @iRage @Indrajeedez @Crosswind 

Hi guys! Thank you so much for your feedback! I was hoping I could get your expertise on something. 

What are your thoughts on the RAV4 J 1996 3 door version? It's going for about 1.8 mil and I do believe it's a great vehicle for me.
It fits all my requirements for sure. What is the value of this car in general? It's had over 150,000 km on it based on the ad details. 

I also managed to find a 3 door 1999 RAV4 L AWD for 2.1 mil, which later turned out to be a complete train-wreck. The exterior was great but it has gone through severe structural damage (front collision) based on a report from Car Checks. It has had well over 250,000 km on it + a few minor problems eg - with timing belts/covers, brake discs, box joint, corroded repairs, cracking shock mounts & arm bushes, leaking cv boot, expired tires, etc. How much would you pay for a car like that? or would you even bother? I'm very curious to know. The seller is confident he can sell it for 2.1 mil with the structural damages, etc. 

Thanks guys! Please let me know what you think. I really appreciate your feedback.