• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

car for permit :)

nisala4423

Question

Hey guys so i want to know what is the best car to get for the doctors permit :) my budget is 5m to 10m  

please post the price of the car if you know :)  i dont know the value of the permit 25000 USD im not sure :) anyway i dont like allion/prius/axio cars like that..  

SUVs and bmw any cars like that (fast cars xD) :) thank you guys ❤️ 

• Haha 1

19 answers to this question

2 hours ago, nisala4423 said:

Hey guys so i want to know what is the best car to get for the doctors permit :) my budget is 5m to 10m  

please post the price of the car if you know :)  i dont know the value of the permit 25000 USD im not sure :) anyway i dont like allion/prius/axio cars like that..  

SUVs and bmw any cars like that (fast cars xD) :) thank you guys ❤️ 

Any car which is currently selling at Rs. 13.6 Mn. duty paid can be brought for Rs. 10 Mn.

Many options

The doctor type permit tax concession have been reduced to 3.6 mil from 5 mil about week ago. These permits sells around 2.5 mil, so you can save about 1 mil if you use these permits to import a car. 

One of the best cars to buy for this permit is Audi A4 with the 1.4 engine. b/n sells around 30K GBP in UK. you can calculate tax using this http://www.autolanka.com/articles/30-Budget-2018-Vehicle-TAX-Change.html

Edited by Junkfriend

2 minutes ago, Junkfriend said:

The doctor type permit tax concession have been reduced to 3.6 mil from 5 mil about week ago. These permits sells around 2.5 mil, so you can save about 1 mil if you use these permits to import a car. 

thanks you ❤️ i have a permit i just want suggestions to buy one 

7 minutes ago, nisala4423 said:

thanks you ❤️ i have a permit i just want suggestions to buy one 

great! Try the Audi A4 / A5 with 1.4 engine sells around 30K (A4) / 40K (A5) in UK. you can calculate tax using this http://www.autolanka.com/articles/30-Budget-2018-Vehicle-TAX-Change.html

Edited by Junkfriend
  • Thanks 1

It depends on the remaining tax you pay according to the engine capacity (Cubic Capacity) as well. My friend just bought a car (Mercedes Benz) from UK for £23,000 and it's engine capacity was 1.6 litres. Total tax on it was Rs 6.38 million and after her permit allowance she paid remaining Rs 2.78 million + the £23000 and shipping costs. Total was about Rs 7.8 million. The car had about 2000 miles and registered 2018. 

On 9/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, Wills said:

It depends on the remaining tax you pay according to the engine capacity (Cubic Capacity) as well. My friend just bought a car (Mercedes Benz) from UK for £23,000 and it's engine capacity was 1.6 litres. Total tax on it was Rs 6.38 million and after her permit allowance she paid remaining Rs 2.78 million + the £23000 and shipping costs. Total was about Rs 7.8 million. The car had about 2000 miles and registered 2018. 

It is not a very good deal considering you could get the face lift with the new engine and features with agents warranty for 5 years for Rs. 9.6 Mn. (or may be for Rs. 8.5 Mn. in the event categorized as hybrid)

• Like 1

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the puzzle of permit price of vezels which is in the range of 4.6-4.7 million rupees.

In the vehicle market, the 2018 Vezel can be purchased for 7 million rupees.

The tax advantage from the permit is 3.6 million (the total tax for Vezel is 3.75 million). Thus the total taxes payable for the Vezel is Rs. 150,000.00.

Going with this argument, a Vezel could be purchased for around 3.4 - 3.5 million through a permit (7 million - 3.6 million) !!! What happens to 1 million difference.

Is this a result of vehicle importation mafia occurring in Sri Lanka!!!!!

By the way auction price of a Vezel RS 2018 is around 1,921,000 ¥    

Edited by vitz

You need to add around JPY 250k for freight/ insurance/ handling charges plus another Rs. 100-200k for the local guy and clearing etc..

You are correct you should be able to get it for less than Rs. 3.5 Mn.

Best is to get the breakdown of the cost.

image.png.7b804e9c008d7e917f2273f542dcaa24.png

Auction price : 1,921,000 + 250,000 (Handling + I + F) = 2171000 Y =  LKR  3,169,660 (@ rate of 1.46)

Clearing and Agent Fee                                                                              =  LKR     200,000

Tax (permit)                                                                                                  =  LKR     150,000

Total ?                                                                                                            = LKR     3,484,660

Is this mean, vehicle importing fellows earning nearly 1 million from 1 unit of Vezel import?

Edited by vitz

I don't think you can get a 2018 Vezel for 1.9 Mil Yen. Maybe you're looking at the 'Starting' Prices.  Have a look at the "Sold" prices here - this indicates the price these got sold today. You can see it's around 2.8 Mill JPY range -  0.9 M  JPY above your estimate. which probably explains the missing 1M. 

chrome_2018-09-12_19-24-34.png

4 minutes ago, vitz said:

Thanks. That explains it. But, the market price would be 8 million then!

Perhaps, ones fetched lower price are available in the market for 7 million rupees.

It depends on the grade actually.

AP.thumb.jpg.db73185783d3379836517b721920b564.jpg

See Z grade sold around 2.3 Million and RS sold around 2.8 Million. Did you notice one unit sold around 1.8 M? That's RU1. (Only Gasoline. Not a hybrid version). Just check all units priced around 7 million were imported under permits.

Thanks. I didn't know that there is a Z grade as all on the road are RS (By the way, I am not a vezel lover at all)

Yes, it looks that importers have a profit margin of Rs. 200,000 - 300,000. Very profitable business!!!!!

22 minutes ago, vitz said:

Thanks. I didn't know that there is a Z grade as all on the road are RS (By the way, I am not a vezel lover at all)

Yes, it looks that importers have a profit margin of Rs. 200,000 - 300,000. Very profitable business!!!!!

AFAIK there's X,Z RS etc. 

RU1 is the non Hybrid version - cheaper in Japan but your tax is 4.8 M (Permit will waive off 3.6 of that) RU2 is it's AWD counterpart both come with CVT gear boxes.

RU3 is the most common here - 1.5 L Hybrid with DCT. RU4  is the hybrid AWD. 

Profit depends - some small-scale importers, due to the high-competition keep a margin of around 100,000. IF you buy from a sale then sale guy's markup is added too. 

It seems, bringing RU1 under the permit is the most ideal option as, no worries about the battery, DCT. Even it will be cheaper due to lower base value (almost one million Y, that compensate the added tax 1.2 million). 

12 hours ago, vitz said:

Thanks. That explains it. But, the market price would be 8 million then!

Perhaps, ones fetched lower price are available in the market for 7 million rupees.

One million difference would be the Rs. (3.6-2.3) Mn tax benefit when you buy a permit and import