• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

TmdRockz

TOYOTA Premio for permit

Question

Hello guys. A new comer here. can any of you tell me what is the best way to import a car from Japan. Is it safe to import personally ? I heard some stories about parts missing when the car is in the harbour (hambantota).  

5 answers to this question

Hi TmdRockz, welcome to the forum. The import process as well as importing for govt. permit has been discussed on the forum before. Please search.

Posted (edited)

If i'm not mistaken, the permit conditions changed last weekend. Now you can apply for a permit every 5 years but the tax-free allowance has been reduced. 

There's no 100% safe way of importing a car to Sri Lanka and missing parts in Hambantota is a known phenomenon. You don't have a choice. 

Edited by Crosswind

On 6/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, Crosswind said:

If i'm not mistaken, the permit conditions changed last weekend. Now you can apply for a permit every 5 years but the tax-free allowance has been reduced. 

There's no 100% safe way of importing a car to Sri Lanka and missing parts in Hambantota is a known phenomenon. You don't have a choice. 

Yhh. its 3.6 mil now. If you worry about safely you can ship it in a container and arrange to have it opened in front of you at for a little bit extra fee.  

Premio highest grade goes for like 50 laks now. Is it safe to import the vehicle by an agent so any parts missing. He will be responsible no ?

1 hour ago, TmdRockz said:

Premio highest grade goes for like 50 laks now. Is it safe to import the vehicle by an agent so any parts missing. He will be responsible no ?

Toyota Lanka doesnt import Premios. It's not intended to be used in Sri Lanka.

Any other car sale will import premios. Theoretically they will be responsible but if something goes wrong, try arguing with them.