• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to Buy a Good Quality Shock Absorber ?

Ko0I

Question

Can someone please tell me from where we can find Good Quality Shock Absorbers ? I've recently replaced with KYB Excel G and I hate the ride. Its very stiff and bouncy. I'll never use KYB again. OEM shocks are very expensive. I've heard bilstein are good shocks. Are they available in Sri Lanka? What are the other good quality brands ?

1 answer to this question

What is your car ?

Most Japanese manufacturers use KYB as well. So perhaps you find the ride too stiff as you got a set that is supposed to be hard ? Or maybe you are feeling the ride hard because in the past you are used to the ride after the shocks have been a bit worn out ? or you got shocks with the incorrect stroke to actually work properly with your coil springs ?

Even with Bilstein....depending on the type of damper you go for the ride maybe soft or hard...there are third party importers who deal with Bilstein but they are not cheap in SL (at least the ones I have seen...which have been performance models)