• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steering Wheel Vibration Mazda Demo 2009

mazda2

Question

There was a steering a wheel vibration in my Mazda demio 2009 DE3FS model. There was no sound when turning the wheel ( Hence decided its not the issue with CV joint). There was no sound when breaking ( hence decided that its not the issue with breakpads). Mistakenly I took the vehicle to a garrage and they thought it was with the Rack and removed the rack but could find the issue. ( Cost 3500/- for labor). They said there was a slight play in the rack , but I think it may be due to the fact that they removed it. 

When browsing it was noted that most common issue was due to wheel unbalance, alternation of the Rim. Hence inspected but couldnt find any major denture on the rim. Took the vehicle today to a wheel alignment place and when tyre was removed there was a swallen section due to aging. Since anyway my car had done over 40,000 with the existing tires I decided to replace front 2 tyres .And balanced the wheel & did the alignment too. Now the problem is gone. 

So I recommend you go for a wheel alignment, wheel balancing as the first step if you see the same problem. 

I replaced the tyres with "Federal/Taiwan" cost me Rs.9800/- each where they offered 40k milege gurantee. However "A Plus/china" was available for Rs.7900/- which I opted. 

Guys at the tyre shop told that there was a slight play with the wheels and may have to repalce the "Tyre Rod" which will cost approx Rs.1500-2000 a piece. I will do it laters. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet