• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford Focus 2012

RavindaR

Question

2 answers to this question

I have test driven 2012 focus.shift shock is highly noticeable (might be normal for a DCT). sometime when you remove the foot from accelerator it quickly shifts down (if it is as designed it is a bad design, or might be a problem in the instance i drove).

so when i came back (after test drive) i read lot about ford focus and most highlighted thing was unreliable Transmission Controller module.

Handling is even better than Mazda Axela (very close).price was somewhere around 4.4 million , at that time 2011 (Spain) model was a better deal (price was around 3.2 million and it gearbox is not a DCT, so no need to wary about crazy shifting problem ).

NOTE: I  have never used a ford focus, so this is purely based on ONE test drive and internet reference so called car buying pre-study.8 months ago Softlogic had 2 used cars and same time probably they might still have few.

anyway this was my preference based on test drives (and pre -studies)

2011 Mazda Axela > 2011 ford focus > 2012 Kia Cerato > 2011 Cerato >2012 Ford focus.

Yeah, 2012 models had automatic transmission issue which ford recalled and fixed through their dealership. Get the manual one, no maintenance and highly reliable. The Focus is more fun to drive with the stick shift. My recommendation is to get the MK3.5 EcoBoost petrol (Facelift model) or MK4 models. Check out Eco blue diesel. they are super economical and reliable.