• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

information about starlet EP82

PERCY

Question

6 answers to this question

17 hours ago, PERCY said:

Hi I would like to buy a starlet EP82 car. So how do you think abouth my choice and I need to know there problems

Welcome to the forum. There were a few discussions on the forum regarding starlet for example this :

do a thorough search you will find members feedback on the car and more info. 

Generally Starlets  EP82/91 etc are rock solid cars. The only downers in buying one i see are the fact that due to the same reliability they are 1.abused  and poorly maintained 2. bought and sold a lot - so you might have dodgy paper-work 3. overpriced. If you find a good well maintained specimen for a good price  it's a great car. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 8:39 AM, matroska said:

Welcome to the forum. There were a few discussions on the forum regarding starlet for example this :

do a thorough search you will find members feedback on the car and more info. 

Generally Starlets  EP82/91 etc are rock solid cars. The only downers in buying one i see are the fact that due to the same reliability they are 1.abused  and poorly maintained 2. bought and sold a lot - so you might have dodgy paper-work 3. overpriced. If you find a good well maintained specimen for a good price  it's a great car. 

Hey, what is your opinion on buying EP91 to do 3000km+ per month?.. Reliability?.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, iRu said:

Hey, what is your opinion on buying EP91 to do 3000km+ per month?.. Reliability?.

hey did you ask the same question on the starlet group on FB? ?  So it depends if the car you buy is a poorly maintained unit then of course you'll have a bit of trouble but I guess if you keep a budget aside for any repairs and you get them sorted out they will run without any major hiccups - usually these cars just keep running and running. Look out for Transmission related issues etc..a friend of mine had a starlet that would not engage reverse gear if the car had run for a few hours- he eventually replaced the gearbox...good thing with starlets is parts are widely found despite the age. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2019 at 5:52 PM, matroska said:

hey did you ask the same question on the starlet group on FB? ?  So it depends if the car you buy is a poorly maintained unit then of course you'll have a bit of trouble but I guess if you keep a budget aside for any repairs and you get them sorted out they will run without any major hiccups - usually these cars just keep running and running. Look out for Transmission related issues etc..a friend of mine had a starlet that would not engage reverse gear if the car had run for a few hours- he eventually replaced the gearbox...good thing with starlets is parts are widely found despite the age. 

Yap yap.. ???.. I have serched everywhere to get good advice to choose a car for my brother.(he is ruining the family car 2001 accent ??) Thank you for the advice. Finally we have decided to buy a viva elite 2011/12 premium model.

10 minutes ago, iRu said:

Yap yap.. ???.. I have serched everywhere to get good advice to choose a car for my brother.(he is ruining the family car 2001 accent ??) Thank you for the advice. Finally we have decided to buy a viva elite 2011/12 premium model.

Viva Elite is a nice little car that is easy to live with... the fact that a starlet that is about 20 years older than that is in the same price bracket is because of the starlet's popularity for modifications and conversions. Good luck with the new car. 

• Thanks 1