• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pre collision system warning malfunction

Malaka@123

Hi guys ,

I have an axio hybrid 2017 WXB.  It was bought brand new and done only 4500kms so far. Couple of days ago pre collision system warning error massage sudenly popped up while driving and persisted thorugh out the journey. It dissapers when switch of the engine and reappears after 2,3km driven.  1st service done 3700km mark at sterlings and scan was normal. I brought vehicle to toyota lanka kandy branch and scan showed error code B124C which did not cleared and the tech guy said he needs some protocols from wattala branch in order to investigate the fault and it needs some time.

Guys, if any of you have an experience relate to such issue kindly value your opinion.

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Malaka@123 said:

As far as i know axio wxb 2017 doesnt have park sensor and the tech guy said no radar sensors in the bumper like toyota crown 

And bumper is clean.

Did you put any tint strip or any sticker on the top part of the windshield ? or is their any oily film on the windshield ? The sensors are on the back of the rear view mirror. So if the sensors truly have gone out of calibration it could be because dust has gotten in there or there is something on the windshield.

On the other hand there could be something wrong with the system. Have you done some research on the internet ? yes the Axio is a JDM only model but the safety package is deployed globally.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Did you put any tint strip or any sticker on the top part of the windshield ? or is their any oily film on the windshield ? The sensors are on the back of the rear view mirror. So if the sensors truly have gone out of calibration it could be because dust has gotten in there or there is something on the windshield.

On the other hand there could be something wrong with the system. Have you done some research on the internet ? yes the Axio is a JDM only model but the safety package is deployed globally.

No windshield cover or tint and haven't done any modification around the radar system fitted to the windshield. 

Windshield also cleaned thoroughly

No such dust or dirt inside the radar receiver or the camera lense.

I have done some research and found simillar errors in  CHR and TUNDRA trucks. But solution not given. Some of above malfunctions were related to snow and ice in the winter as said by owners. 

Interestingly error code cleared after switch off the vehicle inside toyota lanka kandy branch even though couldnt clear it out while doing the scan.

But it reappears again.

I have spoken with several axio hybrid owners which have pre collision alert system

43 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

What happened to your old account? This is the Axio you bought from Wasana Traders, right?

Anyway, don't forget to check if there are any recalls/software upgrades related to the collision avoidance system.

I think you have mistaken my username with somebody else's. Im new to the forum as a registered personnel even though following the forum for long time.

I didnt buy my car from wasana traders infact bought it from kurunegala area.

So far couldnt find any recalls for axio or chr or any software updates. 

49 minutes ago, Malaka@123 said:

I think you have mistaken my username with somebody else's. Im new to the forum as a registered personnel even though following the forum for long time.

I didnt buy my car from wasana traders infact bought it from kurunegala area.

What? Two Malakas driving Axio WXB 2017 hybrids which were bought brand new? What a coincidence. 

http://autolanka.com/forums/profile/45964-malaka-silva/

1 hour ago, Hyaenidae said:

What? Two Malakas driving Axio WXB 2017 hybrids which were bought brand new? What a coincidence. 

http://autolanka.com/forums/profile/45964-malaka-silva/

Ah that guy is from colombo and asking 26km/l is gud or bad?

I read that thread sometime back and he is from colombo suburbs i guess.

Anyway im from kandy and my worry is not about fuel but about this system malfunction issue. 

13 minutes ago, upaliamah said:

Did you change map reading lamps to LED ? if not check wire harness for Rat/mice attacks.

because this was happened to me after replacing map reading lamp to led.after change to original bulb problem solved.

No modification or change and no evidence of rat attack to the outside.

Anyway i will check the wire harness fully.

15 hours ago, Malaka@123 said:

Hi guys ,

I have an axio hybrid 2017 WXB.  It was bought brand new and done only 4500kms so far. Couple of days ago pre collision system warning error massage sudenly popped up while driving and persisted thorugh out the journey. It dissapers when switch of the engine and reappears after 2,3km driven.  1st service done 3700km mark at sterlings and scan was normal. I brought vehicle to toyota lanka kandy branch and scan showed error code B124C which did not cleared and the tech guy said he needs some protocols from wattala branch in order to investigate the fault and it needs some time.

Guys, if any of you have an experience relate to such issue kindly value your opinion.

Thanks 

Hi

I too use an axio hybrid 2016, i had the same issue pre collision system went bong, error messages kept popping up & traction control lights also lighted up. I took it to T@y@ta R@tm@l@n@ & they detected the issue in 1 hour, it was rat/mice attack, eaten up some wires. Everything was sorted out in almost two hours & got a bill of 8,000/=.

I hope the same issue popped up in your vehicle, get it rectified from the agents, anyways keep us updated here.

Thanks

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Malaka@123 said:

Hi guys ,

1st service done 3700km mark at sterlings and scan was normal.

Don't rely on this scan. They just plug a generic OBD2 scanner into the car and check for errors. Most manufacturer specific errors are not detected by these generic scanners. They could not detect one of the most common errors logged on my Honda FD3 - only the manufacturer specific Honda Diagnostic System was able to read it properly.

In fact I ask them not to do the scan because I'm not sure if their scanner is read only or read/write both are allowed (nobody knows any tech details on the scanner). I personally don't like a generic OBD2 device connecting to the ECU. Always get it scanned by the agent.

Edited by ramishkad

7 hours ago, thou1584 said:

Hi

I too use an axio hybrid 2016, i had the same issue pre collision system went bong, error messages kept popping up & traction control lights also lighted up. I took it to T@y@ta R@tm@l@n@ & they detected the issue in 1 hour, it was rat/mice attack, eaten up some wires. Everything was sorted out in almost two hours & got a bill of 8,000/=.

I hope the same issue popped up in your vehicle, get it rectified from the agents, anyways keep us updated here.

Thanks

Sure 

Since its under warranty period i am planning to take to sterling and let you know what happens.

5 hours ago, ramishkad said:

Don't rely on this scan. They just plug a generic OBD2 scanner into the car and check for errors. Most manufacturer specific errors are not detected by these generic scanners. They could not detect one of the most common errors logged on my Honda FD3 - only the manufacturer specific Honda Diagnostic System was able to read it properly.

In fact I ask them not to do the scan because I'm not sure if their scanner is read only or read/write both are allowed (nobody knows any tech details on the scanner). I personally don't like a generic OBD2 device connecting to the ECU. Always get it scanned by the agent.

Yes i agree.

well even with the original Agent scanner,sometimes its difficult to analyze a problem these days. The error codes could be just symptoms,while the real root cause lies somewhere else. More and more deep system knowledge is necessary to solve the issues that come up these days.

• Like 1

Guys 

Interesting thing happened. Warning massage vanished and pre collision warning system and auto high beam system work fine.  I drove nearly 100km and yet to see the  error. Toyota lanka Tech guy said no sensor related to the system located in the bumper and few catogories of toyota have such a sensor and axio system totally depends on windshield camera and laser. I also couldnt find the circuit system of this device on internet.

Anyway i have cleared the bumper and toyota logo as instructed in simillar cases but didnt solve the problem before. Anyway day before yesterday again checked the front compartment and found small plastic roof like cover behind the toyota logo. It doesnt look like a sensor. Anyway underneath the cover another plastic wall like thing located parellel to the toyota logo. It was covered with thin film of dust. I removed that dust particles and "Et Voila". Now i believe there is a sensor or radar receiver located in the bumper. Anyway if the error showed up again i will take vehicle to toyota lanka wattala or sterling Kadawatha.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Malaka@123 said:

Guys 

Interesting thing happened. Warning massage vanished and pre collision warning system and auto high beam system work fine.  I drove nearly 100km and yet to see the  error. Toyota lanka Tech guy said no sensor related to the system located in the bumper and few catogories of toyota have such a sensor and axio system totally depends on windshield camera and laser. I also couldnt find the circuit system of this device on internet.

Anyway i have cleared the bumper and toyota logo as instructed in simillar cases but didnt solve the problem before. Anyway day before yesterday again checked the front compartment and found small plastic roof like cover behind the toyota logo. It doesnt look like a sensor. Anyway underneath the cover another plastic wall like thing located parellel to the toyota logo. It was covered with thin film of dust. I removed that dust particles and "Et Voila". Now i believe there is a sensor or radar receiver located in the bumper. Anyway if the error showed up again i will take vehicle to toyota lanka wattala or sterling Kadawatha.

Usually what is located there is the Millimeter wave radar. It is there in cars with Toyota Safety Sense P which has a Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection. 

The Axio comes with Safety Sence C which doesn't have pedestrian detection....hmmm....

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/9/2018 at 9:54 PM, Malaka@123 said:

Guys 

Great if you can attach a photo. Didn't find such a device?

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2018 at 2:24 AM, Malaka@123 said:

Guys 

Interesting thing happened. Warning massage vanished and pre collision warning system and auto high beam system work fine.  I drove nearly 100km and yet to see the  error. Toy#ta L#nka Tech guy said no sensor related to the system located in the bumper and few catogories of toyota have such a sensor and axio system totally depends on windshield camera and laser. I also couldnt find the circuit system of this device on internet.

Anyway i have cleared the bumper and toyota logo as instructed in simillar cases but didnt solve the problem before. Anyway day before yesterday again checked the front compartment and found small plastic roof like cover behind the toyota logo. It doesnt look like a sensor. Anyway underneath the cover another plastic wall like thing located parellel to the toyota logo. It was covered with thin film of dust. I removed that dust particles and "Et Voila". Now i believe there is a sensor or radar receiver located in the bumper. Anyway if the error showed up again i will take vehicle to Toy#ta L#nka wattala or sterling Kadawatha.

@Malaka@123hi, if you don't mind can you do a little favour for me to solve the same problem with my axio 2015.

If can please ring me on ##########

Thanks

Edited by Davy
Removed phone number. Please do not share private information on posts. PM the member directly instead.

• 10 months later...

Dears, 

I have 2015 axio safety package car and it pops up error pre crash collission error and head lamp system error messages. At that time safety system does not work. As well the camera unit on the middle top of the windscreen comes so warm and then error is pop ups. I try to replace the camera unit but could not find in sri lanka. As well I met the ejant, scan and off the error but again pops up. Pls help me what am I do next

IMG_20211210_131456.jpg

IMG_20211210_131434.jpg

Oh dear...

If you are confident (after multiple opinions and proper testing) that that is the part that needs replacing (88181-0w020 that you are holding in your hand);then the only way out is for you to replace it. Sadly, a new part is quite expensive (100,000yen...). you could check with some used car part importers and see if they can get one for you (in Japan used ones seem to range from 30-50% of the price of a new part). It is a part that is common to many vehicle models so it should not be too difficult to find a usd part in Japan for these guys.

• 3 months later...