• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint Protection Methods for vehicles

alu

Hi Guys,

Bought a new vehicle and when I was going through the vehicle exterior protection methods following are the options I found

1. Paint Protection Film

2. Restore FX

3. Nano ceramic Coating

What is the best option to go to with considering the longevity, cost, finish, resilience etc.

Or any other options available in the market.

Cheers

I got down soft99 hard wax genuine. It works really well. Brings out the colour and water beads off well. 

But I feel it lasted only about a month or so in the car I use daily being exposed to the torrential weather here. Besides being washed only  weakly 

Applied ceramic coating as a DIY job(US product) with good results. you have to keep the vehicle in a covered place for 24 hours after applying the coat to prevent water drop marks. kit includes wax removing car wash, scratch remover, Isopropyl alcohol, two applicators, 5 micro fiber towels, and complimentary glass detailer and interior detailer spray bottles.it also contained a leaflet with all the necessary steps.

26 minutes ago, H.C said:

Applied ceramic coating as a DIY job(US product) with good results. you have to keep the vehicle in a covered place for 24 hours after applying the coat to prevent water drop marks. kit includes wax removing car wash, scratch remover, Isopropyl alcohol, two applicators, 5 micro fiber towels, and complimentary glass detailer and interior detailer spray bottles.it also contained a leaflet with all the necessary steps.

This is great. 

But my paint is not perfect now. should do a cut and polish to restore the original shine.  But then again, before applying the nano coating its required to remove the wax.  How would this work?  No point sealing with nano without doing a cut and polish.

On 6/7/2018 at 4:51 PM, H.C said:

Would be a lovely write-up if you could spare the time with pics want links 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:20 PM, JayZ said:

This is great. 

But my paint is not perfect now. should do a cut and polish to restore the original shine.  But then again, before applying the nano coating its required to remove the wax.  How would this work?  No point sealing with nano without doing a cut and polish. 

Dish soap will strip wax just fine. Besides, if you do a cut and polish, it will take off the wax and then some anyway