• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car that does 13-15 km/L for around 1.5 million

madusha94

Question

I'm looking for a used car to buy for around 1.5 million and it should do 13-15 km/L in city. Automatic transmission would be better.

Please suggest me some cars. 

I heard Nissan Sunny does around 13-15 km/L. Please share your thoughts on that as well.

12 answers to this question

10 hours ago, madusha94 said:

I'm looking for a used car to buy for around 1.5 million and it should do 13-15 km/L in city. Automatic transmission would be better.

I heard Nissan Sunny does around 13-15 km/L. Please share your thoughts on that as well.

Utter rubbish. The only cars that will do 13 - 15 kmpl in that budget are Marutis, Nanos and Perodua Kelisa. There are no other cars that do 13 - 15kmpl in that range. Sunny does around 9kmpl. FB14 may be even less. Corolla 110, Tercel etc. does the same. This is the reality.

• Like 1

like Crosswind 's reply,

Possible with a  sunny rolling down hill with the A/c off.  ?

Or get a diesel vannet.

But when our driving conditions are factored in,    , Good luck,..

Your efficiency needs are possible in reality with econo cars with tiny engines.

Edited by Twin Turbo

18 hours ago, madusha94 said:

A Sunny will do that milage if driven on the flat roads of puttalam with zero traffic. 10KMPl would be an average on city+suburb+outstation driving. In City traffic it will do about 7-9 kmpl. If you want automatic gears then I'm afraid even the kelisa won't achieve that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcs627 said:

An old 2nd gen Prius can reach those figures. But for the price bracket you quote it will be quite a thrashed one maybe about 250k Kms on the clock.

not sure if 1.5 Mill will get you even the most abused prius. The 10 year old ones with close to 200k Km's go for close to 3 Mil . 

I  don't know why people always expect this kind of high fuel figures from cars and always lie about their cars fuel figures. Like Crosswind says Maruti and nanos will give you close figure. Nissans can never come to close. I can agree with mcs627 From my own experience the only car give you best fuel figure is 2nd Gen Toyota Prius I owns a one few months back and it gives 15+ in City and 25+ out stations. Sometime it was over 30. if Toyotas fuel calculation system correct it will be amazing figure. But like matroska says it was 2007 and price will be over 30 lacks ( in Sri Lanka;s Tax system when cars getting old and wasting price getting high:o) No Depreciation. People can buy a car use it and abuse it as much as can and  when repairs comes dressed up it sell it for higher price :DAmazing. (Specially magical Toyota's). So never by old Prius for that amazing fuel economy.

8 hours ago, Randeewa said:

I  don't know why people always expect this kind of high fuel figures from cars and always lie about their cars fuel figures. 

they expect high fuel figures because....Its an effect of the policies in place and society...because of the high import taxes; car prices are extremely high. People spend so much in buying a car that they hardly have cash to pump petrol and to live...so its a matter of people living above and beyond their means. Typically in most countries people tend to lower the category of car they can own with increases in taxes, changes in life, etc...but in SL that does not happen mostly because of society (i.e. people get effected by statements like "Aiyo he used to drive K number Allerion noh..now he just has a little Swift...looks Indian neh ? Times must be hard..poor fellow ne...at least it is a DAD number..").

They lie about it because they have serious inferiority complexes and the bargain obsessed nature of Sri Lankans. Most people in SL believe that having a bigger car, which they can't afford, is the better choice. Thus they use kmpl to justify what they currently have; and as we Lankans LOVE a bargain; higher kmpl is a show off point on what good bargain you are having.

Again...the above is just speculation that I just came up with over breakfast neh ? No scientific basis what so ever...It would be a fun little project for a psych/sociology researcher though... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, iRage said:

they expect high fuel figures because....Its an effect of the policies in place and society...because of the high import taxes; car prices are extremely high. People spend so much in buying a car that they hardly have cash to pump petrol and to live...so its a matter of people living above and beyond their means. Typically in most countries people tend to lower the category of car they can own with increases in taxes, changes in life, etc...but in SL that does not happen mostly because of society (i.e. people get effected by statements like "Aiyo he used to drive K number Allerion noh..now he just has a little Swift...looks Indian neh ? Times must be hard..poor fellow ne...at least it is a DAD number..").

They lie about it because they have serious inferiority complexes and the bargain obsessed nature of Sri Lankans. Most people in SL believe that having a bigger car, which they can't afford, is the better choice. Thus they use kmpl to justify what they currently have; and as we Lankans LOVE a bargain; higher kmpl is a show off point on what good bargain you are having.

Again...the above is just speculation that I just came up with over breakfast neh ? No scientific basis what so ever...It would be a fun little project for a psych/sociology researcher though... 

just came to my mind an ad i saw sometime back. Indian guy asking a NASA engineer Km per Liter of a rocket engine displayed :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, iRage said:

Aiyo he used to drive K number Allerion noh..now he just has a little Swift...looks Indian neh ? Times must be hard..poor fellow ne...at least it is a DAD number.

:D yeah this is so true. One reason people pay half a mill for a old dilapidated SUV even though they do zero off-roading and only just drive in traffic :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1