• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2.3 million budget suggestions?

Venom119

Question

My maximum budget would be 2.4 million and what would be the ideal option? Looking for used cars. My considerations are these,

1. Second Hand Market has to be there when I'm selling after 2 -3 years

2. Should do atleast 10km/l in city if petrol. 9km minimum would do for diesel.

3. year 2000 or  + 

4. Should be Auto or Tiptonic  with Power Stearing

5. Comfort, Driving pleasure , Dashboard and ground clearance also matters but negotiable

(Please consider 2.4million as the maximum value and anything beyond would not work for me)

9 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Venom119 said:

Will these options lead to a lot of repairs? @nisala4423 @nagaya

For your budget you are looking at cars that are anything from 15 to 20 years (or more) old that have gone through a few owners. For the most part (Japanese) cars from the time period were built pretty solidly and have lasted quite well. What is most likely to lead to problems is how well the previous owners took care of the cars rather than "model specific" issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Something like this:

http://www.autolanka.com/view/mazda/familia/53723.htm

hardy vehicle will do 9-10 kmpl in traffic and you can get this for below your budget and keep some money for repairs

Well, comfort dashboard and etc also matters . I dont want to get in to metalic war tank with zero comfort. The car you have shared looks cool. But does Mazda have a reputation if I try to sell it again? In Sri Lanka brands like Volvo, Mazda, Peugeot have some issue with second hand market. Isn't it? 

6 hours ago, Venom119 said:

Well, comfort dashboard and etc also matters . I dont want to get in to metalic war tank with zero comfort. The car you have shared looks cool. But does Mazda have a reputation if I try to sell it again? In Sri Lanka brands like Volvo, Mazda, Peugeot have some issue with second hand market. Isn't it? 

Well I wouldn't call the mazda an uncomfortable car at all :D it's on par with similar Jap cars of that vintage. By calling it a 'Hardy' vehicle I meant that its tough, robust, hardly breaks down. can withstand abuse and will not let you down etc. and not that it's uncomfortable. 

As for reputation well Mazda's do have a good reputation I don't know how you got the idea that it falls in the same category as Pugs or Volvos (actually even  Pug's aren't too hard to sell - Volvo's are a bit tough but still can be sold if priced right) and re-sale value is something you cannot actually predict. Imagine some new government comes in 2019 and brings a tax revision that says Zero Tax on all Sedans less than 1500 CC and brand new corollas flood the local market at less than 3 mill  - do you think even if you had a corolla 110 you could sell it for a fair price? So really you should be more concerned about maintainability of your car than some future event .

My advice is don't base your decisions entirely on these feedback - visit a few cars in your budget range civics,mazdas, nissans etc , take a test drive or two - then you'll realize which ones are more comfy etc and what kind of car suits you. 

• Like 4