• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer EX / Nissan Tiida /Mazda Axela

Sunanda_2016

Question

Dear All,

Am planning to buy a car and  around 3.0 - 3.2 ml and I like those 3 models ( Lancer EX / Mazda Axela/Nissan Tiida) all 2007 - 2008 models will fit with my budget, Am not heavy user and max 500Km per month will be the usage. Need your kind advise as always please.

Thanks.

Sunanda.

7 answers to this question

Both Lancer EX and Nissan Tiida were imported brand new to Sri Lanka by the agents with warranty and recall support. If you're okay with the looks of the Tiida, personally, I'd recommend all three vehicles. Go with the one that is in the best condition and has service records to verify the mileage and to verify that due maintenance is done properly.

Finding a Lancer wouldn't be as easy as the other two though, asking price for 2008 ones are above 3.5mil (auto).

I've heard of a rusting issue with the Axela, but that's just hearsay. Haven't heard any issues with the Tiida.

Search the forum, I'm sure all these vehicles have been discussed before (at least the Lancer is). If you need to know anything specific about the Lancer ask away or send a PM, I currently drive one. :)

P.S. - I think the Toyota 141 2008 is also within your budget.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Finding a Lancer wouldn't be as easy as the other two though, asking price for 2008 ones are above 3.5mil (auto).

True. Lancer Ex's are hard to come by and most owners don't part with them. 

@OP - all of your choices are decent sedans. if you can find the EX then go for it - else don't restrict yourself to one model have a look at the axelas and the tiidas in your range and settle for one that you feel ticks all your boxes. There are STILL permit-imported Tiidas in mint condition with their first owner.  Also worth considering 2011ish CS3s (yeah they did come until about 2012) and they are well within your  budget 

Edited by matroska
  • Like 1

Thanks all for valuable suggestions and greatly appreciate, About Toyota as always mentioned in this Forum they are heavily used and many users...reseted odo meters..high price for no reason...etc....expecting your kind answers for this case as well...thanks in advance...and about fuel consumption as well..

Edited by Sunanda_2016

On 5/31/2018 at 3:17 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Both Lancer EX and Nissan Tiida were imported brand new to Sri Lanka by the agents with warranty and recall support. If you're okay with the looks of the Tiida, personally, I'd recommend all three vehicles. Go with the one that is in the best condition and has service records to verify the mileage and to verify that due maintenance is done properly.

I've heard of a rusting issue with the Axela, but that's just hearsay. Haven't heard any issues with the Tiida.

Search the forum, I'm sure all these vehicles have been discussed before (at least the Lancer is). If you need to know anything specific about the Lancer ask away or send a PM, I currently drive one. :)

P.S. - I think the Toyota 141 2008 is also within your budget.

I was looking for a user of Lancer EX. Please inform about the engine capacity and average fuel consumption. Lancer EX is Lancer GLS. Is that correct?

Best Regds.

3 hours ago, GAMINIRW said:

I was looking for a user of Lancer EX. Please inform about the engine capacity and average fuel consumption. Lancer EX is Lancer GLS. Is that correct?

Best Regds.

Engine capacity : 2007-2012 1500CC (4A91), 2012-2015 1600CC (4A92)

Average FE:

Traffic - 9-10kmpl

Mixed - 12-13kmpl

3ajJABK.png

4KT7on0.png

Outstation - 15+kmpl

TBGd08O.png

Lancer EX comes in 2 variants - GLX and GLS.

Differences between GLX and GLS vary depending on the year - but GLS is the most "loaded" version.

• Thanks 2

On 6/4/2018 at 4:31 PM, GAMINIRW said:

I've heard of a rusting issue with the Axela, but that's just hearsay.

I'm also in the Market searching for a Axela/Mazda 3 and found that Most of them have water leaking problems in the trunk and it cases rusting in the trunk and floor under rear passengers .

But as per some Mazda 3 Forums it's an easy fix..

Mazda 3 looks way better than Tida... ?

• Thanks 1