• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommended Fuel for Axio hybrid 2017

Malaka Silva

87 is the MON (Motor Octane Number), not the RON (Research Octane Number). In Sri Lanka, we use the RON (to measure the performance of the fuel), in the US, they use MON. 

MON 87 roughly equals to RON 91-92. So if the manufacturer recommends MON 87 it's safe to assume that the car would run without a hitch with 92 RON petrol.

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

Toyota hybrid engines are based on Atkinson cycle. The effective compression ratio of these engines are 8:1 while the expansion ratio is 13:1. So it is obvious that these engines are designed to run on lower octane fuel compared to similar engines running in Otto cycle. There is absolutely no point in using octane 95 in these engines. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just heard this from a friend. In theory I can use 92 Octain Petrol. However in Sri Lanka there are lot of quality issues when it comes to fuel as we know. 95 Octain petrol is has less chanced of quality decreases. 

Any idea about this or this is just a myth?

(Based on comment for the above video)

තියරිය අනුව ඔය වීඩියෝව ගොඩක් වටිනවා... හැබැයි මෙහෙම ප්‍රශ්නයක් තියෙනවා... 95 ඔක්ටේන් කෙලින්ම ආනයනය කරලා බෙදා හරින පෙට්‍රල් වර්ගයක්... 92 ඔක්ටේන් කියන්නේ අපේ පිරිපහදුවේ නිෂ්පාදනය වෙන පෙට්‍රල් වර්ගය. ඕකට මිශ්‍ර කරන්ඩ පුළුවන් හැම ජරාවම මිශ්‍ර කරලා තමයි සංස්ථාව ලාබ හොයන්නේ... මතකනේ පෙට්‍රල් පොම්ප පවා අක්‍රිය වුන බාල පෙට්‍රල් සිද්ධිය... සංස්ථාවට වන්දි ගෙවන්ඩත් උනා වාහන් හිමියන්ට... ඉතින් ලංකාව වගේ රටක කෝකටත් ඔය සම්බන්ධව පරිස්සම් වෙන එක හොඳයි... ඔය සිද්ධියෙන් පස්සේ මම නම් කොහොමත් 95 විතරමයි පාවිච්චි කරන්නේ... ඔය වැඩිපුර ගෙවන රුපියල් 11 වගේ නෙවෙයි නේ පෙට්‍රල් පොම්පේ මාරු කරන්ඩ යන වියදම...

Edited by Crosswind
WARNING TO READERS: The content written in sinhalese is factually incorrect.

42 minutes ago, Malaka Silva said:

95 ඔක්ටේන් කෙලින්ම ආනයනය කරලා බෙදා හරින පෙට්‍රල් වර්ගයක්... 92 ඔක්ටේන් කියන්නේ අපේ පිරිපහදුවේ නිෂ්පාදනය වෙන පෙට්‍රල් වර්ගය

Is this true? Can others confirm this?

56 minutes ago, gdgy said:

Is this true? Can others confirm this?

Utter nonsense.

92 RON fuel is also imported by Ceypetco for distribution. You can verify this yourself by referring tender documents (which are publicly available on the internet (http://ceypetco.gov.lk/wp-content/uploads/BK-TERM-GAS-OIL-GASOLINE-DTB-MUTHU-2018-2019-3P.pdf).

It is  well known that the contaminated/out of spec shipment which caused lot of fuel pump issues in 2011 was directly imported.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, Malaka Silva said:

Hi,

Seems 87 is recommended and no point using 95 Octain fuel? Thoughts?

Following are my sources.

http://www.t3atlanta.com/blog/toyota/what-kind-of-gas-does-your-toyota-prius-use/

practically... 95 octane petrol does low fuel consumption than 92 octane petrol... I don't know about the theories... ? but here in Sri Lanka, l have tested the fuel consumption with my own.. The result is , It's a waste of money to use 92 octane petrol.. It's a big waste.. 92 maybe cheap.. But when it comes to the fuel consumption.. That cheapness has nothing to do with the low fuel consumption of 95 octane.. With my own experiences...

NOTICE:- these experiences are according to YAMAHA Fascino scooter bike driving...

Ex :- 92 octane ---- 33kmpl        

95 octane ------ 42kmpl

9 km difference....

for 1km fuel cost :- 155/42= Rs. 3.7/=

for 9km fuel cost :- 3.7 x9 = Rs. 33/=

so... Choices up to you☺ ...

that little difference of money between 92 & 95 has nothing to do with Rs. 33 /= ☺

I have tested this for 15 - 20 times and the results were same...

Finally, 95 octane is good & useful than 92 octane... Here in Sri Lanka with our Sri Lankan fuel stands... ?

Edited by Kasun bandara

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guys. I don't know who to talk to about why we turn to you. In the near future I would like to buy scooter yamaha fascino in the standard configuration. I liked this model appearance and the manufacturer is reliable. I think it would be comfortable to ride around town on this scooter. Tell me am I making a good choice?