• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic ES8 RS 2003 vs Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 2002 vs Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 2003

Anu Sri

Honda Civic ES8 RS 2003 vs  Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 2002  vs Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 2003

Hi All,

I'm new this forum, 

I'm looking to buy one of above mention car.

Prices(Internet resource)
Honda Civic ES8 RS 2003 = 23Lak
Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 2002  =  21Lak
Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 2003 = 22Lak

Please give any idea about these vehicles,  which one is good for above prices, which one has more features or less issues,  
also if any one can explain bit about CS1,2,3, KS8,3,Ek3 , GLX 

appreciate your small help. 
Image attached. 

honda-civic-es8-271623491.jpg

mitsubishi-cs1-251147422.jpg

mitsubishi-lanser-41306543.jpg

Simply it is like this in my knowledge,

MMC Lancer CS {1 to 9) {GL,GLX,..etc}

CS = 9th Generation 2002-2007 & 2011 (CK was the previous generation ), There are three shell versions in SL, introduction & 2 face lifts later, Your GP-xxxx is introduction model and JG-xxxx is 1st face lift version

1 to 9 = Engine Capacity 1.3L to 2.4L , 1=1.3L , 2 (JDM) = 1.5L, 3 = 1.6L , 5 = 1.8 L, 7=2.0L 9=2.4L in my knowledge, Can be Carb, EFI, GDI engines, You can Find CSx in the Chassis number

GL, GLX ...etc = Trim levels but individual options can be varied

In SL you can find;

GL = Mostly basic and can be even without ABS, EBD, SRS but sometimes have Radio, Alloy wheels, Spoiler

GLX = better options but some times without factory radio, alloy wheels,

Honda Civic ES (EK in the generation before that) also came in the same time of MMC Lancer CS, I think someone can add more on Civic :D

You can go through below thread for more information on Lancer CS

Edited by nagaya
add link
  • Like 1

Out of those cars, I'd go for either CS1 or CS3 - both cars are brand new imports and still has agent support. If you can find a CS3 in good condition go for it.

More info on trim levels, courtesy of @Davy and @Sampath Gunasekera

On 5/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, Davy said:

Congratulations again Sampath! And welcome to the Mitsubishi brotherhood! I'm glad to be of assistance and more glad that you did not give up the search even after a long period of patiently waiting for the right one to turn up. The car is an absolute minter, I wish I could have personally seen her before I headed back, but from the numerous phone calls we've had, I know it's a gem (or a diamond :)). Anyway, hope you have fun driving it. All the best!

The brand new CS Lancer came in two trims (I'm saying this for the millionth time on the forum now). GL and GLX where GLX is the full option one which has dual airbags and all the other bells and whistles like a 6CD changer, ABS, fog lamps etc. Sampath's car is a GLX, so it has all of the options. Search the forum and you can find more information.

On 5/19/2017 at 11:44 PM, Sampath Gunasekera said:

Further to the Davy's explain on trim levels, let me add more detail. (Considering 1st face-lift version & 2nd face-lift version)

Trim levels offered to Sri Lankan market are GL & GLX.  (1600GLX / 1300GLX / 1300GL)

GLX is the highest. GLX has package options like Alloy wheels, Front Fog Lamps etc. (I have seen GLX units without Fog Lamps/ Alloy wheels / 6CD player)

GLX has 3 different package option categories :–

(1)    Luxury Gray Package

(2)    Elegance Beige Package

(3)    Sports Exterior Package

However detailed chart shows Fog lamps , 6 CD player can add as options for even GL trim level. But I see , when considering brand new imports, all additional options added to only GLX and might be it was the way Unit#d Mot#rs offered the trim levels to Sri Lankan market.

(All detailed based on sales brochures/catalogs issued by Unit#d Mot#rs only)

20170519_220353.thumb.jpg.a18eacf03a2ea77beb221bfb71a5bc17.jpg

20170519_220710.thumb.jpg.9dd9dafb67dc3d3d7bd5efa40a80c332.jpg

20170519_220556.thumb.jpg.b0bd546148a28af89566f7e1171f59ab.jpg

20170519_220831.thumb.jpg.6fc5caf45794dc7d89a68c12a23fba68.jpg

• Thanks 1

@Anu Sri, please search the forum. These cars have been discussed many times and have been compared as well.

Honda ES8 Search Results

Mitsubishi CS Search Results

4 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Out of those cars, I'd go for either CS1 or CS3 - both cars are brand new imports and still has agent support. 

Agent imported CS2 as well. Also, even if the CS is a JDM, most parts are interchangeable with the brand new variant, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The JDM variants have options like sunroof and factory body kit and MMCS which are rare/not offered locally. What I would be mindful is if it's a GDI or not due to the low local fuel not agreeing with the engine.

5 hours ago, nagaya said:

Simply it is like this in my knowledge,

MMC Lancer CS {1 to 9) {GL,GLX,..etc}

CS = 9th Generation 2002-2007 & 2011 (CK was the previous generation ), There are three shell versions in SL, introduction & 2 face lifts later, Your GP-xxxx is introduction model and JG-xxxx is 1st face lift version

CS is actually the 7th generation. Gen 8 and 9 were basically the facelift versions of the car. But everything was based on the same platform with subtle improvements over the years. 

I am yet to see a CS7 or CS9 in Sri Lanka. However, I have seen a handful of CS5 Lancers (or ones that claim to be them).

If you're going for a CS, my advise is to go for a CS3 GLX which has better acceleration, more options. 

• Like 1